Recent content by JaniceC

1. JaniceC

Elongated vs. Round Bowl

To add a bit of levity here: We installed an elongated toilet in our renovated bathroom, replacing a round one. The problem I have with it (as compared to round), is that now there's enough space for our curious kitten to climb up behind and peer in at the water action. Ack! Janice
  2. JaniceC

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Drake, eh? Okay. And what sort of commercial places have been installing them? Any restaurants? I'm asking because I may be able to do a short write-up about one of the Toto toilets in a trade magazine read by people who build and equip restaurants. Janice
  3. JaniceC

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Terry, which Toto low-flow model would you recommend for a commercial application-- say, a restaurant restroom that gets a lot of traffic? Thanks! Janice
  4. JaniceC

Toto and toilet seats

My thinking was that the user could swiftly close the lid (not dropping it) so as to keep cat faces away from the flushing water. IN retrospect, and after reading all the praise of the soft close lid, I half wish I'd gone w/ the Toto seat: more coolness to demonstrate to visitors being...
  5. JaniceC

Toto Aquia Defective or Plumber No Good?

I'm an evangelist, too. What with the drought that's facing much of the US (but is hardly making ripples in the newspapers: why cause panic? why ask people to change their water use habits before there's a crisis?), buying a dual-flush toilet is a no-brainer. But: this is America we're...
  6. JaniceC

Toto Aquia Defective or Plumber No Good?

(To Mike50: Pit bulls rule! We've got a rather neurotic one, too: she adores her four cats, but despises just about any other dog. Am very glad she's not of the hole-digging persuasion.) As for the Aquia trickle sound, PHEW!! I'm glad that's a normal thing. Our beautiful Aquia was installed...
  7. JaniceC

Toto and toilet seats

We installed a Toto Drake upstairs and the Aquia downstairs. Neither one has a Toto seat--I didn't think that soft-close would work well with curious cats. One seat is an American Standard (on the Drake), and i don't remember the brand of the other, but both work just fine. Something to sit on...
  8. JaniceC

Show off - new bathroom

When our bathroom is further along, I'll post a few pictures. Right now, my goal is to have a working toilet, painted walls and working lights by next week Thanksgiving, when 12 people descend on our house. Another (probably obvious) question about your sink: I'm assuming you picked out the...
  9. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Our installer is a young and enthusiastic fellow--(i.e. a "who-needs-instructions?!!" type). I'll make sure to go over this advice with him when we get to the toilet installation part of the job. Can't wait! --- :-) Janice
  10. JaniceC

Show off - new bathroom

Your new bathroom is a place of beauty!! I love the countertop and vanity shape, and the raised sink. I had heard that raised sinks are harder to keep clean, esp'y on the counter directly below. What's your experience so far? And what material did you use for your countertop? It's gorgeous...
  11. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Thanks for the tips, Jim-- I'll print this out and share it with our plumber/remodeler. He'll be thrilled... (actually, he SHOULD be thrilled, since he's just starting up his own renovating business, and this Aquia experience will be something cool for him to recommend to future clients...)...
  12. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Thanks for the encouragement! I just called our local plumbing supply shop and placed my order. Can't wait!~!! Is the installation going to be any problem for my plumber, who's never installed one of these critters before? Or are the directions clear enough? Janice
  13. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Pollsters? "Amen, brotha!" Wellllll, despite the Drake's awesome performance and possible 'half flush' abilities (or not), I think I'm going to splurge and make our second toilet an Aquia. Mainly for the coolness factor. Like buying a Prius. Sorta. Janice
  14. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Mikey, I measured the water levels in my Toto Drake tank: 17.2 cm when full, down to 11.4 cm when flushed. ... for what it's worth! Janice
  15. JaniceC

Toto Drake "half" flush

Drake 'half flush' Hi, Does anyone know how the Toto Drake's 'half flush' water volume compares to the Aquia's lower-volume flush? We recently installed a Drake in our upstairs bathroom--it works so well that I'd been thinking to install a second one downstairs. But the dual flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks