Recent content by janetcal

1. janetcal

new bathroom and laundry room being done by contractor

thank you Terry. I just wasent sure if this was done often.... I agree with you totally. thank you for your help...how much or percentage do you ask for? thanks again
  2. janetcal

new bathroom and laundry room being done by contractor

I am thinking of hiring a contractor to put in a new bth and laundry room for me in a rental apt. The contractor says he is booked until january. That is not a problem for me although he says he needs a deposit to hold the date of 1000.00 Is this normal? Do all contractors do this? The job...
  3. janetcal

bth and shower

I am a landlord with a 3 family home. looking to redo the bathroom. What should I do as far as a bth tub and shower for tenants? Should I purchase a sterling unit or just buy a tub and then tile the rest of the tub and unit? I have heard horror stories regarding the 3 piece units in regard to...
  4. janetcal

cement and wood patio??

contractor made a mess putting in my new cement patio.. All the corners are cracking or splintering off. He didnt screed it properly . didnt have enough man power. just two guys, a cement truck and a 516 square foot patio.... my question now is this, they have only done half the patio.. How...
  5. janetcal

cement patio

yes we used 2 inches of rock over the dirt and will pour 4 inches of cement.... I wanted 4 inches of rock and 5 1/2 inches of cement but contractor says we dont need that much because it is a patio and not a driveway.. Im just concerned about the winters here in western Pa.. I know the first...
  6. janetcal

why no answers

sorry I was just a bit anxious for an answer... thanks
  7. janetcal

french drain

the pipe has holes on the sides and the top..
  8. janetcal

why no answers

how come no one is answering my threads??? am I doing something wrong http://www.easydigging.com/Drainage/installation_french_drain.html
  9. janetcal

french drain

My contractor is putting in my french drain but the pipe does not have holes on the bottom, only on the top and the sides.. Is it correct? Will that be effective in carrying water away or should I have him redo the pipe? thanks http://www.easydigging.com/Drainage/installation_french_drain.html
  10. janetcal

cement patio

Has anyone ever seen or heard of pouring a cement patio on top of dirt instead of on rock? We live in Western Pennsylvania.
  11. janetcal

french drain help

My contractor is putting in my french drain but the pipe does not have holes on the bottom, only on the top and the sides.. Is it correct? Will that be effective in carrying water away or should I have him redo the pipe? thanks
  12. janetcal

French drain

My contractor is putting in my french drain but the pipe does not have holes on the bottom, only on the top and the sides.. Is it correct? Will that be effective in carrying water away or should I have him redo the pipe? thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks