Recent content by JAGDIY

1. JAGDIY

Treating ~6 mg/L Iron Contaminant in Well Water

Coming a little late to the party on this one and I know you said you wanted a DIY, but I have to say I have been using the Kinetico Marcolite self-backwashing system with a 0.5 micron filter (ya that is 0.5 and not 5) for iron management on my well since 2013 and it has been stellar...
  2. JAGDIY

Yet another Vacuum Relief Valve question

I enjoy reading the musings @Reach4 . :) I also read the aforementioned thread, along with about every other mentioning vacuum breaker or vacuum relief valve, before my post yesterday. Seeing that tank that looked a lot like my mixer is what caused me to decide I must ask the experts about all...
  3. JAGDIY

Thank you @Reach4 ! Sounds like we have a similar setup. I have at least 12 feet of 1" uponor propex between the treatment tanks and the hot water heater. I've not had a problem with the current gas hot water heater with this setup, but figured now is the time to address things, if needed...
  4. JAGDIY

Thank you @Reach4 and @Terry. I believe I got the wrong impression about the valve position after reading so many threads on it. Thank you for clearing that up. I have semi-related follow up question. Please let me know if it should be a new thread. I am also trying to determine if I should...
  5. JAGDIY

Hi Experts! I had a great conversation with the Chief Plumbing inspector for my city in NC today regarding the new hybrid hot water heater I'm about to install (replacing a gas unit) and he made me aware of 504.2 Vacuum Relief Valve Bottom fed water heaters and bottom fed tanks connected to...
  6. JAGDIY

Install Electric Anode in Relief Valve Location

Understood and great idea. I have a breaker bar, but was still planning to call upon one of my guy friends to help me loosen the old one, based on what I've read on this site and seen on YouTube. Thanks!
  7. JAGDIY

Oh! Got it! I was reading the thread where that was being discussed, but misunderstood it as being a different product. Thank you @Reach4! I'm going to stick to the process used by others and replace the existing anode when the time comes. Still on the fence about the powered one. although I...
  8. JAGDIY

Hmm perhaps the hot supply pipe inside the tank that this valve would sit inside of would interfere with pressure readings?
  9. JAGDIY

Thanks @Reach4 . I figured if one were to move the valve like that you'd want to get a new valve with an extra long sensor (saw one at supplyhouse that is about 8".) In the hybrids the relief valve and hot out are really close together on the side of the unit. I'm curious what concerns you most...
  10. JAGDIY

Hi all. First time poster, long time follower of this site. I am a new owner of a Rheem Hybrid H2O (ProTerra 65.) I have been researching how to replace the anode on these with an electric one and can see that it is a bit of a chore that often results in cutting a gasket and voiding the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks