Recent content by Jag_Man653

1. Jag_Man653

Help me fix my Clack WS1 system

It would be the way forward if the Clack control head and resin tank were not 20+ years old. And in fact I did pretty much what you suggested several weeks ago. As I mentioned in the thread, I did a test on outdoor vs indoor water using (stupidly) my TDS tester. I didn't like the readings...
  2. Jag_Man653

Thanks, but that would be a big job and I don't believe it's the way forward. Besides, I threw the internal parts in the trash.
  3. Jag_Man653

See my thread "Replacement of circa 2007 Clack" for background. I have now installed a new brine tank and all internal parts and a new elbow fitting on the control head. I've been stumbling around trying to get it operating correctly, but with little success. Latest symptom is air in the...
  4. Jag_Man653

Replacement of a circa 2007 Clack

I've now installed the new brine tank, hoses, elbow fitting and associated bits. Unfortunately, my hardness at indoor faucets is now about the same as at the hose bib outside. IOW, the softener doesn't appear to be working. I'm now wondering if my float valve is working. Could you clarify what...
  5. Jag_Man653

I've decided to stick with Clack since my tests with Hach 5B Total Hardness test kit show it's working fine. But I will replace the brine tank & associated parts since it's looking pretty tattered. This is what I'm looking at...
  6. Jag_Man653

Didn't do the regenerations, but just did the HACH 5B tests. Water directly from the hose spigot shows 22, and from the kitchen sink faucet 1. So it looks like my ancient Clack is still performing. Right? The brine tank looks pretty shabby inside but it's not leaking. Have I just saved several...
  7. Jag_Man653

We live in Placentia and connect to Yorba Linda Water District. Typical hardness is about 20. My measurements (with TDS titration kit) in 2015 was 19 to 23 outside and less than inside. On 6/2/23 measurements were 28 & 11. Those high numbers prompted me to look into replacing the resin or...
  8. Jag_Man653

So is my current Clack timered or on demand? Also, what advantages does the 5800SXT have over 5600SXT?
  9. Jag_Man653

My system has been in service about 16 years with resin replacement a couple times. I've lost the receipts & manuals so don't the model, but I think it's a WS1 or WS2. My records show that the outside water hardness is 26 and inside is 11, whereas back in 2015 the inside was around 1...
  10. Jag_Man653

How to diagnose Rain Bird valve problem

Thx. The contractor that did this work a few years back put an ASV at about ground level in every one of those zones. Also, he put them so close together that they are very difficult to repair or replace. I've toyed with idea of having someone rebuild the whole thing. I saw a YouTube of a guy...
  11. Jag_Man653

Thanks. Here are answers to your questions: Definitely lasts longer than a few seconds. Whether it gushes out the vacuum breaker depends on how the solenoid valve is set. If I turn solenoid to Off the water gushes out of the anti siphon port. If I open it flow continues, the water is delivered...
  12. Jag_Man653

After more testing I've reached the following state of affairs. 1. Switching the module port the troublesome zone from 8 to 9 has no effect. This indicates either the controller is OK or the module (the one at the right in the photo) is bad. 2. If I use the controller to manually turn on the...
  13. Jag_Man653

Gushing out the anti-siphon breaker using connection 9. I'll go ahead and replace the outlet valve diaphragm and hope that fixes it. Unfortunately, the diaphragm kit for this old jar top inlet valve is NLA from Rain Bird.
  14. Jag_Man653

Oops. I assumed it was DC. The voltage now shows 26 VAC. I've now switched the the troublesome zone to pin 9 on the 2nd module and verified that it works... i.e., my raised planters are getting watered when zone 9 is tested for 3 minutes manually. Subsequently, I changed the controller back to...
  15. Jag_Man653

It's gushing again! As reported yesterday, I set the controller to Automatic and all seemed well. While reading the paper this morning I heard the whining sound which I recognized as water gushing out the hole in the outflow valve (I think that's the proper term). This time I turned the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks