Recent content by Jacob

1. Jacob

In over my head

The old clean out is cast iron. You say to use 4” but the drain is only 3”. Would you recommend the two way clean out fitting or using two combination for a clean out in each direction?
  2. Jacob

In over my head

I was going to have a rough in inspection tomorrow on my remodel. I rearranged several bathroom and changed the drain line from cast iron to PVC where ever I could. For this reason I need to do a water test. I was planning on using the clean outs located outside the house to plug the drain with...
  3. Jacob

Trench Drain instead of shower curb?

I am remodeling a small guest bathroom and have no option to enlarge it. I am thinking a curbless shower would feel larger and may allow a couple of inches more room in the shower. With a glass wall and sliding glass door dividing the shower from the rest of the bathroom. With to old shower...
  4. Jacob

Laundry room Stack

Update and additional questions. I am trying to replace as much cast iron as possible in the 52 year old house. While I am completely remodeling the house I will never have a better time to change the plumbing. I feel it is only a matter of time before it fails, but being a slab foundation I...
  5. Jacob

Laundry room Stack

I am remodeling laundry room and original stack is 2” with the washer and laundry sink draining into it. The city I am in (Euless TX) has adopted the 2015 IPC. 406.2 Waste Connection The waste from an automatic clothes washer shall discharge through an air break into a standpipe in accordance...
  6. Jacob

Any problems with my drain plan

I was afraid that is wasn’t very clean. I have added to the picture I hope that helps. Yes, this is under a concrete subfloor. Additional question. The walls have all been opened up. Should I convert all the drains that are above the concrete slab to PVC or just leave the cast iron
  7. Jacob

Any problems with my drain plan

I am remodeling master bath and want to make sure my drain plans are correct. I am mostly concerned with proper venting. The attached picture will give a general idea of my plans. The original drain is 3” cast iron. I plan to convert to 3” pvc with Fernco coupling. Then branch off of this with a...
  8. Jacob

Access panel location on an air bath tub.

I am installing an air tub. Signature Hardware Sitka 66 x 36 in. Air Bath Drop-In Bathtub with Reversible Drain in White SHSKA6636WH The installation instruction says the access needs to be on the end...
  9. Jacob

Can one tankless replace two tanks?

Thanks for the input. The largest tub is 68 gallon. I’m not sure on the shower flow rate yet and can’t test with bucket, because I am still remodeling and haven’t lock in on the fixture or built the showers yet. It seem all the new shower fixture have lower flow rates than older models. I was...
  10. Jacob

Can one tankless replace two tanks?

I am remodeling a one story 4500 sqft house and plan to convert to a tankless water heater. The house was designed with two water heater when it was built in the 60’s. One on each side of the house. One serviced two full bathrooms and I plan to add a laundry closet to this end of the house. The...
  11. Jacob

How bad is using a combination when you should of used a Tee

After reading about how you shouldn’t have any sharp bend in you drain line a used all long bends. Now after I have glued it all together I realize that the tub drain tying into the stack should have been a tee instead of a combination (wye with 1/8 bend). The photo attached is before I glued...
  12. Jacob

How bad is using a combination when you should of used a Tee

After reading about how you shouldn’t have any sharp bend in you drain line a used all long bends. Now after I have glued it all together I realize that the tub drain tying into the stack should have been a tee instead of a combination (wye with 1/8 bend). The photo attached is before I glued...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks