Recent content by Jackie07

1. Jackie07

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

I installed two AS Cadet comfort height elongated toilets in my home in November of '05. Both still flushing perfectly, no leaks, no complaints. The Cadet 3 came out in 2007 In 2005 they had pressure assist Cadets and 2" flush valve Cadets.
  2. Jackie07

Advice Needed - Septic problems

Just in case any of you are interested... I am finally hooked up to the new sewer main and I am happy to report that my drains work like a dream... knock on wood... :) The last two months before being hooked up was a nightmare. While the whole neighborhood was having some degree of...
  3. Jackie07

What solvent/cleaner to remove duct tape adhesive from acrylic tub?

Cooking oil will break down adhesives and allow them to be removed from a surface without harming it so long as it is a non-porous surface.
  4. Jackie07

I have no idea how many gallons my tank is. I bought this house a couple of years ago knowing the new sewer was going in so I didn't even have an inspection. I got lucky until just now, which is typical for me. :) When I had it pumped out I was at work so I wasn't even here to ask the guy how...
  5. Jackie07

New posters who cut and run

I was just making a joke, thus the grin. I know there is nothing wrong with hiring a pro. Both of my parents were/are plumbers so I can appreciate professionals from both sides of the coin. Unfortunately neither was available to advise me or I would have asked them for advice.
  6. Jackie07

Floor Plans - What do you think?

I know you probably have to have the plumbing where you show it now. But if that were not the case I would suggest putting the master closet where you are planning the bathroom. And converting both existing closets into a 3 compartment walk through bath. From each bedroom you would walk into...
  7. Jackie07

New posters who cut and run

Funny, I posted a question here about a week ago and got a few good responses but I have a kid who doesn't like to share the computer with his mom so I've been thinking for the past couple of days that I had to remember Saturday morning while the kid was asleep to hurry up and get in here to let...
  8. Jackie07

Hi all. Thanks for the advice. As I was sitting on my deck watching the new sewer main being installed across the back of my property (I took the day off to watch) I was trying to think of a way to get around having to dig up my septic tank as you all suggested here. Your ideas were good. I...
  9. Jackie07

Hi all, Glad to have found this forum and hope you all don't mind me asking such drawn out question. First let me give you some background. I have a home built in '64 who's waste is currently handled with a septic tank. Don't know the size. Before I purchased the home the previous owner...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks