Recent content by Jack_Mason

1. J

tankless or tank

For a detailed exploration of the question of tank vs. tankless, check out this link: http://www.hvacandwater.com/wh_basics.html#tankvstankless. Hope it helps save some back and forth going forward...
  2. J

1 yr old water heater and its already ugly! please look

Definitely not normal for a new unit. Which brand/model is this?
  3. J

Need Water Softener Recommendation

Electric/magnetic field water softeners are considered to be a scam by most people in the water softening industry. My suggestion is to get an ion exchange based water softener, which uses proven technology that works. Culligan, Kenmore, GE, and Fleck all make excellent water softeners. Assuming...
  4. J

Sizing Question for very hard water and one person

48K GPG unit is overkill. You need a 40K at most and may be okay with a 32K unit, depending on your actual water usage. Take a look at www.hvacandwater.com/ws_main.html for the calculation breakdown and a lot of great info on water softeners in general.
  5. J

Carrier Infinity system - shows incorrect temp and not cooling properly

I would recommend that you talk to a couple of HVAC contractors before pulling the trigger on a servicing / repair decision. You can use Service Magic or Quality Smith to find pre-qualified contractors and get free estimates. Some folks will give you a good deal of free information. Given your...
  6. J

Frozen Pipes on A/C

It's difficult to diagnose without seeing the amount of the ice build-up. However, the most common cause would be low refrigerant. There may be a leak in the system, which means refrigerant is actually leaking out. In that case, adding more refrigerant would not necessarily solve the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks