Recent content by jac5099

1. J

Normal Sump Pump Cycle?

"Take a look in the sump. Is it filling completely and pumping out? Is the pump at the bottom of the sump?" I have a summersible pump. It fills a little less then 1/3 of the way on my 18 inch by 24 inch sump pit, then gets drained. I will look in to setting the float so it fills more of the...
  2. J

Normal Sump Pump Cycle?

I know that this may depend on many factors, but it seems that my sump pump cycles quite frequently. I'm hoping someone here can say that my pump cycle is either normal or not. Here are some facts: .3 hp sump pump, with 10 ft of head, 1.5 inch discharge pipe that is around 90 ft long...
  3. J

Sump Pump Discharge Pipe Length???

Thank you for the helpful information!
  4. J

The discharge pipe is 1.5 inches. The height difference between pump to discharge area is roughly around 8 - 9 ft. I don't know the exact model of the sump pump that I have, but the previous owners installed Zoeller Sentry 507 series back up system. Not sure if a main sump pump is packaged...
  5. J

My sump pump discharge pipe was discharging water in to a bad area. During heavy rain (3 inches in 24 hours, let's just say), the area forms a puddle completely covering the discharge pipe. When this happens it dumps a lot of water where the discharge pipe meets the 90 degree PVC joint that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks