Recent content by J_Tay1981

1. J_Tay1981

Will Round-Bowl Eco Drake do the Job?

Trouble making three-point contact I got my Eco Drake in today, and I'm in the process of installing it. I've got my level on top of the tank, trying to tighten it in increments. I can get it nice and level from side to side, but it keeps tilting forward (towards the bowl) when I go at it with...
  2. J_Tay1981

Toilet Drop off SteveW - Awesome, thanks! The guy at the store I bought the Eco Drake from thought the closest place was in Lincoln. I'll give H for H a call, and see if they want this water-guzzling bad boy. BTW - its cool seeing a hometown person on this site. Small world! I picked up...
  3. J_Tay1981

Well, I convinced my folks to pick up the Eco-Drake with a Softclose seat today from a local shop in Omaha that specializes in 'Green' fixtures. I paid a bit more for it than I would have ordering it online but I like supporting local business. Anyhow, I measured all three of my bathrooms every...
  4. J_Tay1981

Buy Loo online or try luck w/ boxstore?

Great - I think that's the one near 84th and F. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!
  5. J_Tay1981

I live in Nebraska, so unless Terry wants to make a road trip...:) If I was in his area, I would buy from him MAINLY because he keeps this form alive and kicking. Places like this site are really important for those of us who aren't 'in the know' to get an honest assessment of plumbing...
  6. J_Tay1981

Yeah, I do want an elongated bowl. At least in one bathroom, the door does swing in, and with the current round bowl, it is within 8-10" of the front of the bowl. Would a Toto elongated bowl still be OK? Do you know of any online retailers to avoid? I realize Terry sells toilets too, so talking...
  7. J_Tay1981

One toilet 12" Rough-in, other 2 are 13.5"

Jadnashua, Thanks for the advice. I'll compare the specs. I looked at the Unifit on (I think it was) Toto's web page. It looks like I would have to do some drilling to get it mounted into the floor. I know the floor for one problem loo is cement. Would I need a hammer drill to set some...
  8. J_Tay1981

Hi Terry! Thanks for the response. If I had my way, I would replace all three toilets with Toto Drakes or Eco Drakes (maybe the regular Drake since I'd like to make sure that all our stuff goes down the drain). In fact, I've been trying to convince my parents Toto is the way to go. They are...
  9. J_Tay1981

I double-measured my three loos. Here's what I came up with: Utility room = 13.5" rough-in. Utility room walls are totally covered with wood panelling, so may actually be closer to 14" from the wall behind panels I think. Upstairs toilet = 12" rough-in. I think I can get away with most 12"...
  10. J_Tay1981

If I thought I could get away with it, i would definitely rock the elongated bowl. But my parent's house has tiny bathrooms, and the toilets are right next to the doors. The current round bowls are even with the frame of the doors. I'm concerned that an elongated bowl would stick out too far and...
  11. J_Tay1981

I'm pretty sure I can replace one of our toilets in a straightforward manner because it has a twelve inch rough in. The other two, however, are a bit over 13". Would I be able to get away with installing a standard 12" toilet and have it just sit further out from the wall than the one it...
  12. J_Tay1981

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Edit: Several hours after posting this I went to a big box store to check out their offerings first hand. After using this site, I knew a bit more about what to look for. Anyway, I saw an A/S Cadet 3 'everything-included-in-one-box' deal and when no sales people were around I popped it open...
  13. J_Tay1981

I've been recommended an elongated bowl, but due to space restrictions, round bowl is in my future. I don't mind, I grew up with those round-bowl A/S's and they are comfortable enough for their purpose. Is the Eco Drake round bowl the best choice for me here, or is there another model that would...
  14. J_Tay1981

Good point, Terry. Another reason I've been a long-term lurker here! Thanks!
  15. J_Tay1981

Long-Term reliability Some of the early posts on this thread for the American Standard Cadet 3 questioned its long-term reliability. In all honesty, isn't a toilet a fairly simple device? What all can go wrong on one? The Cadet 3's on other sites appear to have generally favorable customer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks