Recent content by ItzRav

1. ItzRav

Looking for recommendations for a thermostatic shower valve

Thanks to you and breplum. In checking reviews for the Hansgrohe thermostatic valves, some people mention that the Hansgrohe also now uses plastic, at least for the cover plate. I also found two versions of the round dual-function two-knob valve trims: One is the 15758001 you mentioned above...
  2. ItzRav

Thank you. Please see my response to CaliGirlSF (in a few minutes).
  3. ItzRav

My wife and I will be moving to an independent living townhome, which will be renovated before we move in, and we have the opportunity to have additional custom upgrades done (at our cost). I told them we wanted a thermostatic valve installed in the shower (so there would be two controls, one to...
  4. ItzRav

Delta Kitchen Faucet Clunks -- Then Refuses to Give Water. Whazzup?

I wasn’t sure what you meant when you said “Removing the cold and hot supply lines does not change anything.” At any rate, is it possible your supply line(s) from the shutoff valves to the faucet are those flood-safe types? For example, Watts makes a FloodSafe connector with a built-in shutoff...
  5. ItzRav

Can a multi-turn stop valve be converted to (not replaced by) quarter turn?

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid would be the case.
  6. ItzRav

Can a multi-turn stop valve be converted to (not replaced by) quarter turn?

Our 1930-era house has galvanized supply pipes. Existing sink and toilet stop valves are 3/8 FIP X 3/8 OD Comp angle multi-turn. In the past I’ve rebuilt some of these by removing the old stem and replacing with the innards of a new Brasscraft multi-turn valve, leaving the existing body of the...
  7. ItzRav

How do I remove this old 1930s wall-mounted tank?

OK, if I do go that route, I have a pair of these ;) :
  8. ItzRav

Do I understand correctly that part of what is meant to hold the tank on is that flat oblong piece of metal that you see on the right-side bolt? That it pushes the tank against the wall as the bolt is screwed in? If so, then since the left-side bolt is missing that piece of metal, if I remove...
  9. ItzRav

Hmmm ... I have a drill with a right-angle attachment, as well as a Dremel with a right-angle attachment. If I use a drill, is there a specialized bit for drilling out the screw? Or for the Dremel, would a grinding stone work to grind it out?
  10. ItzRav

I'm not sure what model of toilet this is since there are no markings anywhere, but it looks like it could be original to the house built in 1930. Perhaps a Standard Modernus? At any rate, we are replacing it with a modern low-flow toilet. The tank is separate from the bowl and they're...
  11. ItzRav

What is this hole near the end of the trapway?

Thanks, Terry. My concern is whether water (or worse, #2) can be pushed up into that hole. And if the hole actually goes somewhere (isn't closed at the other end) can whatever goes in dump out where it shouldn't go? It's on the "roof" of the trapway, so hopefully anything that went up would...
  12. ItzRav

What is this hole near the end of the trapway?

I recently purchased an American Standard Cadet Pro 14-inch rough-in 2-piece 1.28 GPF elongated toilet. The first one that came seemed to have a major defect near the end of the trapway, a hole about 3/4" in diameter. I'm NOT talking about the siphon jet hole in the bowl. I'm talking about if...
  13. ItzRav

What are the best quality braided SS faucet supply lines?

Thanks. Yes, they definitely need to be replaced, but not right now. We have had a lot of major expenses on our house in the last few years, so we're just not ready expense-wise, and of course we're not looking forward to having our original plaster walls torn up. At any rate, that's not...
  14. ItzRav

Thanks for the reply, standardairconditioner. Perhaps replacing them automatically every 5-10 years isn't necessary, but on the sink in question when a plumber installed a new faucet there 12 years ago, he didn't change the existing braided SS lines. I moved into the house two years before...
  15. ItzRav

I know that some people think that pretty much any braided stainless steel faucet supply line that can be found at a place like Ace or Home Depot is fine. But in my research, there seem to be some real differences between different manufacturers. For example, the BrassCraft line says it uses...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks