Recent content by IslandFlyer

1. IslandFlyer

Water Softener and Filter Flow Rate

Water filter finally installed. It's city water. 50 micron spin down and AP903. Do I need that much piping on the left side? for some reason I had in my head that the longer straight before the filter the better.
  2. IslandFlyer

Thank you! That's what I needed to know. I will get a higher flow filter.
  3. IslandFlyer

Hi all and thanks in advance for some advice! We moved into a new house in GA and have city water. 3/4" line on the water softener loop and 2 adults/2 kids in a 2300sf home. We are on a budget as we are in the middle of a big move, so I installed a 45,000 AO Smith water softener (I know...)...
  4. IslandFlyer

Enclosed tub - braided 1/2" lines

Thanks guys! We're in the Bahamas...so no inspectors. I'll check the PEX option if available, and also get another plumber involved.
  5. IslandFlyer

Enclosed tub - braided 1/2" lines

Good Day All - my father in laws tub was just replaced and while the cold water comes out fine the hot water line is abysmal. This is the only photo I took but I can get in closer. Are 1/2" faucet lines supposed to be used here? The plumber is saying that it's the instant hot water heaters...
  6. IslandFlyer

Convert booster pump RO system to using house pressure?

I recently got our home pressure system working using a 30/50 psi pressure system with a 40psi cycle stop valve. Our booster pump on our ispring RO system just started leaking (it's 8 years old). I disassembled cleaned and reassembled and it's still leaking. My questions is - can I just...
  7. IslandFlyer

City to Storage Tank to Pressure System

Finally got it all connected thanks to a plumber friend who helped (paid) out. We were at 20psi city and now have 30-50psi with a 40psi cycle stop valve. So far so much better than the old jet pump configuration. Have some slight tweaking to go but so far much happier! Thanks to all for the help...
  8. IslandFlyer

Loose Shower Valve and Tub Spout

Thanks Terry! The standard answer is of course "thats how we do them here" and haven't had that issue with leaking. They are going to come back and foam the pipes in.
  9. IslandFlyer

I forgot I actually foamed in below it because I was feeling the ac coming up from floor below. But this is before I did the tile work.
  10. IslandFlyer

We had our shower/tub plumbing rebuilt with a new valve. I hired a plumber to do the work and did the demo and retile myself. Got around to cleaning up after the trim was installed by plumber and realized it's really loose, shown in the video below. I asked the plumber and he said not to do...
  11. IslandFlyer

Thanks - yes I was going to do a threaded adapter to slip and glue it all together.
  12. IslandFlyer

thanks, so all SCH40 would be fine?
  13. IslandFlyer

OK so I have the pump and picked up the CSV today! In terms of mounting the pump - there is a 2" outlet at the top, can I run 1.25" through a T down into the tank and mount the pump vertically, using the T to help support? I know I will lose some tank capacity. I will still use a flow...
  14. IslandFlyer

Yes, going to build one around it as best I can.
  15. IslandFlyer

My tank is only 38" in diameter and 36" tall. Going to go with the 40psi CSV and 1/2hp pump. If the concept works and the pump fails in a year or three will upgrade then.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks