Recent content by IrritatedJones

1. IrritatedJones

Navies npe 240a going cold

Sure. Small to large on the sheet. The largest one one the back of the check valve is slightly larger. But the small one on the actual valve is an exact match.
  2. IrritatedJones

I had a friend that is pretty smart in things like these suggest the exact same thing. I’ll consider that. My father actually tracked down an O-ring that is supposed to be more resistant to heat and chemicals. Its brand name is Viton. I believe it’s a FMP material from what I read. He...
  3. IrritatedJones

Navien NPE 240A2 Intermittent Low flow

Here’s the timeline. March 2022: New Navien Water Heater goes in October 2022: Start having the above described issue. November 4, 2022: Stumbled upon this thread and based upon what the OP and you said replaced the check valve. Worked perfect again. February 12, 2023: Started having...
  4. IrritatedJones

Same issue here. Not falling apart, but our 240A2 isn't even a year old yet and I'm about to put the 3rd check valve in as soon as I can find one. They are on backorder everywhere I have checked. I've spoken with Navien today and they act like it is no big deal and I should call a plumber...
  5. IrritatedJones

Back again, check valve is messing up again. After only 4-6 months. Do these things just go out this often? I flushed the system right before I put the new one in last time and the system wasn't dirty at all. But we are back to turning hot water off and on again. And this time around the...
  6. IrritatedJones

Thought I would give any future finders of this thread an update. Got the check valve in after the local plumbing supply house ordered it. Switched them out and works perfect again. Super glad I found this forum and specifically Grhoch's post.
  7. IrritatedJones

Yes, I actually went back and checked it today after rereading your post. And it is cold, like ice cold at this point. Went yesterday to get a new check valve, because I figured what's the big deal it's only a 5.00 part at most. None to be had at any of the large plumbing warehouses in the...
  8. IrritatedJones

I've had almost the exact same problem you've described as well. We completely refurbished a home. So I have brand new lines and a dedicated recirculation line. Navien NPE-240A2 was installed on Spring Break of this year. Everything worked great till late August, and then we started having...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks