Recent content by IrishSwede

1. IrishSwede

Hoping for an Xmas miracle of information/experience/best guess on partially blocked drain pipe

Just an Update, and curious what you knowledgeable folks think it could be. I jetted the line from both toilets and the water moved easily through. I replaced the one toilet and still no issue...shower drained fine and everything...then I placed the second toilet on and suddenly the issue...
  2. IrishSwede

Hoping for an Xmas miracle of information/experience/best guess on partially blocked drain pipe

The clog is gone, but I can still feel something on the line at about 17ft down...sandy...I just dont want to put on both my toilets and get a clog next year or something.
  3. IrishSwede

I just ordered it and yes I was thinking the exact same thing...usually my snake is plenty, but sometimes on the older homes I have to spend a small fortune for them to come clear out the lines. Is there any risk it would flood back up and over the flange?
  4. IrishSwede

Yes the issue started with the shower not draining properly followed by the toilets "gurgling". I called around and most just run the snake and the charge is only $100-$150 (far cry from Roto's $800). The issue is they just run a snake and when I mentioned debris (which I am now thinking may be...
  5. IrishSwede

I am sorry I forgot to ask, but what PSI is recommended? Will my gas powered one be overkill or should I get and electric one just in case (was thinking of getting one anyways).
  6. IrishSwede

No, he was none to happy that I refused to pay what he was asking, but I knew it was high. I did call Roto today and asked if I could get an image of it...hopefully they have it. Personally I would imagine a drain cleaning cutter may work, but it looked like sludge so I am not sure if it would...
  7. IrishSwede

Haha yes it could always be much worse...and I was thankfully here to start cutting all the walls and ceiling open as soon as it happened. He actually told me to snake the line it would be $861 plus tax (which I don't believe for a second). I already installed the flange extender, first thing...
  8. IrishSwede

You will be my hero if you can get through this and help a desperate father out...4 girls and my wife all sharing one toilet is almost worse than the giant hole in my living room ceiling. Back story (can skip...just a rant) Our home is 6 years old. We had our 2nd floor toilet clog yesterday and...
  9. IrishSwede

Gap Between Drain and Pipe - To Seal or Not to Seal is the Question

Ya I admit, photos are my wife's forte...but I am a pro with Paint :cool: It is a tile redi-pan. The pan is made from some plastic (poly????) and has a PVC drain body fused to the pan itself. We attached it to our ABS drain pipe correctly (used PVC Primer and PVC to ABS Transistion Cement)...
  10. IrishSwede

Gap Between Drain and Pipe - To Seal or Not to Seal is the Question

Title kinda lamely says it... Installed a drain pipe that did not seat fully into the drain. There's a marginal gap now that water sits on and I am wondering if i should fill that void? If so should I just use Silicone or something like JB Weld?
  11. IrishSwede

Can I secure my shower base to wall with screws?

I am just brainstorming, but I took a picture of this before the plumber installed...is there any chance his brace under the drain trap could be causing the issue? As in pushing up against the pipe? I do not know, I would expect it to push up on both side of the pan then and not just the one...
  12. IrishSwede

Thank you so much Jim Another option is having my wife (have now part ways with the contractor) cut open the roof below, drilling through the OSB and spraying foam between the pan ribs and floor. I do not know if this would work? Is there a foam that will not expand too much and hold up, as in...
  13. IrishSwede

Thank you so much for your help here and the other forum, really have helped me. How much would you recommend I thin it, just add a tiny water before rolling it? Also not sure if you saw in the other thread, but do you believe (logic/experience) that adding a skim coat beforehand would add any...
  14. IrishSwede

Sorry for all the posts, not meaning to bug you all. So this is what we ended up doing, it fixed the teeter completely and made it even more secure to the floor. However there is still a "soft" spot between the drain and wall. Will it be ok with a tiny amount of flexing? Should I use epoxy...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks