Recent content by invisible-man

1. invisible-man

Automatic Air Vent Valves

Thanks for that, 1/8 does seem to be the general opinion, I do seem to remember them having quite a fine thread!
  2. invisible-man

Thanks Problem is that I am in the UK so cannot measure, and wanted to order parts before arriving in the US.....perhaps I can ask a neighbor to measure the outside diameter of the existing ones!
  3. invisible-man

It is my home in Michigan US and has baseboard heating with a WEIL McLEIN Gold series 4 boiler......
  4. invisible-man

Thanks cwhyu2.......do you know if one size is more common than the other?
  5. invisible-man

Hi everyone, I need to replace the automatic air vent valves in my domestic hydronic heating system and was going to use the Watts FV-4M1 valves.....I noticed that there are 1/8" and 1/4" sizes, does this relate to the thread size, as I do not know which ones to order.....is there a common...
  6. invisible-man

Connecting Neutral and Ground at Power Outlets

Its not always good to jump to conclusions....perhaps an appropriate name (speedy) toooo speedy! I WAS NOT THE FIRST POSTER OF THIS SIMILAR QUESTION! but thanks for the advice, I asked the question as a learning exercise......does not mean that I am just dying to get out there to do it...
  7. invisible-man

Connecting Neutral and Ground at Power Outlets

Hi, I Have had a 200amp panel fitted approx 2 years ago and notice that the neutral and ground terminal blocks at the panel are joined as one, the ground wires and white wires are connected randomly to these terminals........... In other words the ground and neutral are as one at the...
  8. invisible-man

2 Properties Connecting to Submersible Well Pump

Thanks guys for all your inputs, I will most likely go with option 3 as it does not seem from your comments that the ground is too important, and does not seem so important if not grounded when in off position....... I know that wells are prone to lightning and was not too sure if the...
  9. invisible-man

2 Properties Connecting to Submersible Well Pump

Hi, My and my neighbors property both share an Artesian well and can swop who's power connects to the well via a changeover switch at the well head (also has a central off position).....this is very useful as both are second homes and if one winterizes it allows the other to draw from the...
  10. invisible-man

Hercules Base Hit II V Hercules Bolier Fluid

Hi everyone, I have a hydronic system which has a slight leak under the WEIL-McLAIN GOLD GV Series 4 boiler (contains Cryo-tec), has anyone got any ideas to a common place for the leak on this particular model (I have not removed any insulation for a closer look as of yet), and also if not...
  11. invisible-man

Approximate Price for new Artesian Well in Cheboygan Michigan Area

Hi I understand some of your points......surely it would be an advantage for both parties when it comes to selling your property to have your own well, also on sharing a well you are not in charge of your own finances, if there is a problem with the well that you maybe able to fix yourself if...
  12. invisible-man

Approximate Price for new Artesian Well in Cheboygan Michigan Area

Hi, At present we are on a shared Artesian well (on neighbors land) with our neighbors and wanted to get a rough idea on how much it would be to have our own well drilled.......we already have the tank pressure switch etc....... We was hoping that the neighbors would contribute to this as...
  13. invisible-man

Sealing 3" Rodding access Threaded Connections

Yes the square end is the top of the screwed plug (where the wrench would go).......so are you saying that I can use ptfe tape or thread compound
  14. invisible-man

Sealing 3" Rodding access Threaded Connections

Hi, just trying to find out what method you use to seal 3" rodding access threaded connections (with square end) within a drain set up, not sure if PTFE tape is ok or not...... Ones I have looked at seam to be a threading compound, I was just concerned that if a compound was the correct...
  15. invisible-man

Shared Artisian Well Electric Consumption

How come the pump did not burn out I wonder? I was thinking that there maybe an overflow underground from the well straight into our sump as it has a plastic fitting...would this be possible do you think or not?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks