Recent content by Infinitysa

1. Infinitysa

Sloping of Linear drain

the adapter is a rubber collar bushing that fits between the drainpipe of the drain and the drain assembly that consists of the mounted bottom and the bolt on flange. It directs the water into the drain. It does not interfere with the weep holes and seems like it would be no worse than the...
  2. Infinitysa

Sloping of Linear drain

I plan on using a PVC pan liner into a standard 3 part drain. Instead of screwing the top part into the drain, an adapter fits into the drain and the linear drain fits into the adapter.
  3. Infinitysa

Sloping of Linear drain

I bought an inexpensive linear drain online that has the drain outlet at one end. The trough of the drain has a very very slight slope, such that when perfectly level, a small amount of water remains in the trough through surface tension. Since the outlet is 1.5 inches from one end, I could...
  4. Infinitysa

I want to make sure my plumbing plan is code compliant

That is something I haven’t considered. I was going to hook up to the existing roof vent, which serviced the original bath (one shower, one WC, one lav). I am moving the bath to a new location, hence all new plumbing. I think the current vent is 2”. Is 3” for the whole house? The house has...
  5. Infinitysa

Oregon’s plumbing code allows for vertical wet venting. The relevant code is 908.1, which can be found here. http://www.iapmo.org/2014%20Oregon%20Plumbing%20Specialty%20Code/2014OregonPlumbingSpecialty_Ch09_Vents.pdf It appears to me that the vertical wet vent works, as long as the pipe size...
  6. Infinitysa

Any help here? I think this is fine under UPC, but I am not sure if the wet vent section needs to be 3" or if 2 is sufficient. I am working with 2x4 walls, so I was hoping this design with a 2" wet vent would be okay.
  7. Infinitysa

My plan is to drain my double sink vanity into the 2” toilet vent. I live in Oregon, which is under UPC. I just want to make sure this looks up to snuff before I proceed. Thanks for the advice. Vent would be about 4 ft from WC. All very to horiz bends will use LT fittings. Apologies for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks