Recent content by Inertiacoupling

1. Inertiacoupling

Need wider than 6 inch plunger

I have a shower drain with a non-removable drain cover that's a little over 6 inches wide. It clogging up. Does anybody make a plunger that's wider then 6 inches?
  2. Inertiacoupling

NOT clogged Floor Drain won't gravity drain

I realize that by adding a vent I won't be addressing the real problem, but I can't get to where the double trap problem is. So I'll do the next best thing and fix the symptom in the safest way I can think of. Thanks for the advice. :)
  3. Inertiacoupling

Thanks for the reply. Some additional info, before I came along there was an addition added to this 1940's house in the 1990's. I'm told that this drain worked fine before that, and hasn't worked right since. Yet EVERY other drain and toilet in the old and new addition works fine. Would that...
  4. Inertiacoupling

There's a floor drain that has never worked right for us in this 1940's built house since we've been here. It's of this style, but this picture is not the actual drain. Drain opening in the bottom, clean out plug at the side. Here's a detailed description of the problem. Water will stand and...
  5. Inertiacoupling

Parts: (prefer Indianapolis), Fleck 5600 on Aqua-Pure water softener?

Hi, I have an Aqua-pure water softener with a Fleck 5600 controller that I need a source of parts for, and ANY advice on my problem. Aqua-pure Model # 5564003 Serial # 414485-00373535 Does anybody know of a place in the INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA area that stocks this stuff? Failing this, who...
  6. Inertiacoupling

Old Flexible Lead Pipe, HOW to attach to?

Sorry for the delay in responding, was away from where I could take a picture. Here it is, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Inertiacoupling

Yes, the line is coated with a layer of "crud" inside. Up until now, the only leak was where the old union began to corrode and drip a little. Hopefully I can fix it, or I'm BIG TIME screwed.
  8. Inertiacoupling

10+ years ago I had a copper water line run from my side of the street into my house, which is on a slab. They dug a trench in my yard of about 35 feet, then went under my slab about 15 feet with some kind of air powered torpedo shaped thing. Even this cost me over $4000 10+ years ago. To...
  9. Inertiacoupling

Thanks, I'll check it out. I understand the concern about lead that has been expressed. But in this application, this water line just supplies water to a toilet and cold water only hand sink in a small workshop.
  10. Inertiacoupling

I do not have the thousands of dollars this will cost... There has to be a fitting to go from lead to copper.
  11. Inertiacoupling

Replacement is not realistically possible. This is NOT a residence, and the water just feeds a toilet and small handsink. It runs from the meter by the street about 80 feet. The ENTIRE run is circa 1920's, under the original cement, then under the original slab in the floor of the building...
  12. Inertiacoupling

I have an old building built in the 1920's. The main water supply line appears to be of flexible lead. It's about 1" OD, .6" ID, with wall thickness of .2". It's just used for the toilet, and a hand wash sink. It had been leaking where it was connected to by a union that is so...
  13. Inertiacoupling

Raised head Clean-out plug removal Question

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the square shape will give a much better bite. I'll try it. I also scraped the crud from around where the threads of the plug are, and have been putting PB Blaster on it twice a day since Sunday afternoon. Hopefully that'll help some.
  14. Inertiacoupling

Raised head Clean-out plug removal Question

I've searched the archives, but not found an answer that directly helps me. I have a brass drain clean-out plug that has a square raised head that measures .85 inch across. It's positioned in a way that I can't get a crescent or a pipe wrench on it. I'm looking for a clean-out wrench, an...
  15. Inertiacoupling

Schluter Kerdi Membrane Source?

I tried Home Depot here, and they only stock the "waffley" looking stuff for floor tiles. Said they have to order the Schluter Kerdi membrane. I figure I can order too, but just need to know the best place, service wise and price wise. Still would prefer to be able to just walk in and buy it if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks