Recent content by IndyBob

1. IndyBob

Is It OK (For My Pipes In The Crawl Space) If I Disinfect The Crawl Space With Bleach

You could always spray off the bleach a day later with water. Let the whole thing dry out afterwards and be in good shape. Yeah, bleach will corrode copper, but so will many things. Even deionized water corrodes copper. Time and concentration are the driving issues.
  2. IndyBob

Mystery Leak. I'm stumped.

Well, crap, I found where the leak is by cutting a second hole. It's neither the tub nor the toilet. It is the 2" pipe that is coming from the tub. Of course it is inbetween joist spaces, directly above the kitchen cabinets, and, of course, the cabinets were built with a 2x12 bulkhead, so...
  3. IndyBob

Sears pump 390.2518 long running time to reach 60PSI

First, remember that there is 120v or 220v that is easily touched. What brand pressure switch is it? If it is Square D, then the larger nut raises and lowers both the cut-in and cut-off at the same time. The smaller nut increases or decreases the gap between the cut-in and cut-out. Loosening...
  4. IndyBob

The problem is that I can see the back of the overflow, valve, and the entire trap and it isn't leaking at any of them. The tub is parallel with the joists, which are 16" o.c. and I can see were the 2" copper waste line goes from the front of the tub, directly under the tub, to the outer wall...
  5. IndyBob

The toilet doesn't rock in the least. Not even a little jiggle. Probably because I had a professional plumber (now retired) set this when it was leaking last time. I know that he used three white plastic 1/4" risers. These were screwed down into the subfloor through holes in the original...
  6. IndyBob

Totos make the cut

Yeah, love CR for some stuff, but they are horrible on others. Electronics? Everything is out of date by the time they go to print. Grocery stores? Great if you live on the east coast. With respect to Toto's, I installed two Drakes after reading about them here a couple of years ago. I've...
  7. IndyBob

Leaking Moen gooseneck faucet

For what it's worth, I have always had very good luck calling Moen's toll-free number. They have diagnosed models for me, determined what parts to get, even sent me free repair parts on a kitchen faucet after telling me that they weren't happy with the faucet's performance and had redesigned a...
  8. IndyBob

Above my kitchen is a full bath that has a tub on one side, two sinks and a toilet on the other. Starting a couple days ago it started dripping from the kitchen cabinets that are approximately beneath the tub. Since my 14-year old daughter was taking a shower, I figured that she just didn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks