Recent content by imakesawdust

1. imakesawdust

ERV Settings

Dew point Dana - We used spray foam insulation, so I'm sure the "dew point" will never occur in the sheathing. Only moisture there should come from exterior sources. Jim
  2. imakesawdust

ERV Settings

It is a very long and complicated story but the HVAC contractor for my new home turned out to be less than helpful beyond installing the equipment and walking away. The system consists of a Bosch Geothermal Heat pump, a Honeywell ERV150 ERV, a Honeywell 9R90 wholehouse dehumidifier and a...
  3. imakesawdust

Replacement/Mae-up air Inlet

I am building a new home. The HVAC system will include a Honeywell ERV and whole house Dehumidifier. The main unit is a Bosch Geothermal system (TA035). Since the house will be spray foamed, air infiltration will be minimal, so I am concerned with the need for replacement air to compensate for...
  4. imakesawdust

Garage Floor Drain

New Construction - I want to specify a floor drain for the garage to handle snow melt from the vehicles. I will use a heavy floor gasket under the garage doors as a weather seal so water will pool to the inside. I have this very problem in my current home. The door seal works too well! My...
  5. imakesawdust

New House

We are getting ready to finalize the plans for a new home. Now that the structure is done I can look at HVAC and HWH. It is just my wife and me. Our kids live far away and only visit once a year. The house will be a ranch with a walkout basement and an attached garage. Main living area on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks