Recent content by IleanasColors

1. IleanasColors

Retro fitting a victorian tub with safey rails

Thanks to ALL Thanks Guys, the input helped :) I'll post picks if i ever do anything about it:p
  2. IleanasColors

Retro fitting a victorian tub with safey rails

Retro fitting a victorian tub with safety rails Hello all, Any ideas on where to get or how to make a safety handlebar/ steps for a old victorian tub and someone with a bad hip? Sorry I don't have a better pic. Any ideas would be great:) Thanks Ileana
  3. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

The in-line sounds like a nice idea, Like the new and over priced boiler from Sears. But we are first time owners and struggling. so budget is tight think the water heater in series is the way we will end up going. hubby will just have to deal with less space for band and recording equipment...
  4. IleanasColors

outdoor hot tub ? Brainteaser

Yes Phil2, I believe he plans on doing just that!;)
  5. IleanasColors

outdoor hot tub ? Brainteaser

Hello All, Not really sure where to post this one. Now before I start let me just give you some working guidelines. This is my Fathers idea ( i want no credit:eek: ), and yes he is crazy. Thinking outside the box is a life long motto for him. And no matter what we say he will pursue this...
  6. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

Thanks for the input Mark. I'll let you all know what i decide to do. Is a tough choice. I do have a 1000sq ft basement, but with two old boilers and oil tanks to match, and water heater for 3rd flr. not sure how much more space i want to loss. but the idea of lugging in a big heavy water...
  7. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

Once again Bob your input has been wonderful:) Now all I have to do is find a affordable,competent plumber! Not easy in Rhode Island given how loose the licensing is here.
  8. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

Thanks Bob!, You are the first to give me some real info to work with! I could kiss ya! You are correct there is a big hot water pressure problem!Thats what got me started. I priced out replacing the existing system.Sears gave me a price of $10,205.00. Which I can't afford. So thought maybe...
  9. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

Hi Bob, Thanks for all the input. Not sure I have all the Answers for you but I will try. 1.On average 2 people per unit. 2.There is one set in basement, and I would like to add a second set later on for the tenants. 3.Right now they are considerate tenants, but life could change. 4.I have...
  10. IleanasColors

How big a water heater?

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me how to figure out what size water heater I need? I am in Rhode Island. in a converted victorian, the heater would need to supply 3 units, with 2 full baths and kithcen on first floor. 2 full bath & 2 kitchens on second floor. I could separete the first floor...
  11. IleanasColors

Need advice on updating boiler system

Thanks Jimbo, I am in Rhode island. Also any thoughts on wether to stay with steam heat? and maybe switch water to natural gas? And if i do break it out, should i separate the first floor from the second? if piping allows? All my steam pipes are developing pinhole leaks. :p
  12. IleanasColors

Need advice on updating boiler system

Hello Everyone, I could really use some help. I can't seem to get any solid advice from the local plumbers,or boiler people on what i should do. Enough preamble here is whats up. I am In Rhode Island, and I have a old (circa 1940-1960's) Amercian standard boiler (not much on the i.d. plate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks