Recent content by ikaurs

1. ikaurs

Leaking p-trap joint and can't unscrew nut

Thanks for the clarification. Since I don't think it can get any tighter, should my next step be to try turning the union nut (counterclockwise?) with Channel-Locks until it either comes loose or something breaks, and then go from there?
  2. ikaurs

Leaking p-trap joint and can't unscrew nut

I replaced my kitchen sink and garbage disposer and intended on swiveling the p-trap to line up with the new disposer. I thought the p-trap was attached with a slip joint connection and all I would have to do is loosen the slip joint nut. However, the nut won't move. I was still able to swivel...
  3. ikaurs

Shower handles falling off

Thanks for the tips. The screw is flat. It is also tiny (size 5/36). I will try thread locking compound. I called American Standard, and they said there were no updates on file for this product. Since all three handles are coming off, they suggested the plumber may have roughed it in too deep...
  4. ikaurs

Shower handles falling off

I recently had an American Standard 3-handle shower valve installed (model Colony, 3375). Almost immediately, the handles came off. They attach to the stem with a small hex set screw (“handle screw†in the diagram). I think it is a design flaw, as I can’t get them to stay on. Any...
  5. ikaurs

Old Dual-tap sink

Any suggestions on the cheapest way to convert this separate hot/cold bathroom setup to a mixer faucet with a single spigot? The centers are 12â€. Thanks.
  6. ikaurs

Need To Replace Gas Hot Water Heater

I just had a 50g electric water heater replaced. Sears quoted a base install price of $200 (plus fees for permit, attic installation, and haul away). They warned me that any required code upgrades would be between me and the plumber. The plumber arrived with the heater and wanted another $700...
  7. ikaurs

Adding shower to old tub

It’s a raised house with crawlspace underneath. A local plumber came out and advised leaving the old plumbing alone and installing a new shower valve in the existing wall on the other end of the tub. I’m just trying to make the house rent-able for a few years before tearing it down. Thanks.
  8. ikaurs

Adding shower to old tub

I own rental property with an old tub with no shower (see attached pic). Any recommendations on the best way to add a shower to this setup? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks