Recent content by Ikat

1. Ikat

Rear exit chair height toilet

Anyone know about this 17” toilet, 1000 on MAP? Kohler Barrington https://st.hzcdn.com/hfiles/61049a6b0cba38e3_8131 This seems to get bad reviews, but there aren’t many Gerber Maxwell ADA https://cdn.intelligencebank.com/us/share/g6wE/D6yq/zrwE/original/GMX21022_SS
  2. Ikat

That sounds right. An early 20th C light manufacturing building was converted to apartments, so the waste pipes are in the wall, and not in the floor. I’m not surprised that options are extremely limited. But all it takes is one good one. if floor mounted high-performance toilets are modern...
  3. Ikat

When I renovated my bathroom in 2009, there were only four rear exit toilets on the market, none with a bowl height higher than 15”. I would now like to replace it with a toilet whose bowl height is between 17 & 19”, if a good one exists. Biscuit, modern or contemporary strongly preferred. I...
  4. Ikat

Question about height of shower head.

Thanks for that info! My shower renovation starts tomorrow and this is the kind of detail that is critical. I'm amending the specs so the contractor knows how what part I want measured. I've learned so much from this forum and another one that I can't begin to thank folks.
  5. Ikat

confused by shower fixture options

Thanks, Dcelite. The contractor said that the cartridge and the diverter are the two things most likely to go in a shower, which leads me back to the question. Can we do shower controls for dummies? Thermostatic - hot/cold Diverter - which outlet: shower head, hand shower Volume -...
  6. Ikat

Thanks. The odd thing is that I've lived in this building, along with folks in 66 other units, for 30 years and have never had an issue with the pressure or with the bottom of the line stuff the developer put in. Now, when I'm finally re-doing it, everyone is freaked out by the pressure -...
  7. Ikat

Question about height of shower head.

How to design this for 13 X 20" tiles Sorry to jump on another thread, but the design issues really resonate. Because the tile dealer couldn't do math correctly, I ended up having to change the wall tiles I'm planning to use at the last minute. I'm going with 13" X 20", laid horizontally in a...
  8. Ikat

I'm confused about valves too. Sorry for jumping on to this thread but it speaks to my current confusion. I live in a building with high water pressure - 100 - 120 lbs - so the contractor, who knows the building well, told me to get separate valves. I went to the plumbing supply store he...
  9. Ikat

Rear flush: New or Used (Where???)

I need a white rear-flush toilet in a bathroom that is 58" wide. Duravit won't work. It looks like the choices are Kohler Barrington (32" - huge), Gerber (quality), Crane EconoMiser (quality?), and American Standard Kensington (being discontinued???). Recommendations? Alternatively, does...
  10. Ikat

Bright White Rear Exit "Comfort Height" Toilet

Thanks! Thanks! I was hoping someone would have some feedback on these - I'll probably pick the Happy D because it has much higher clearance numbers (MpA?) than the other Duravits, although lower than the pressure systems. The elongated bowls Kohler and American Standard are making are...
  11. Ikat

What's the quietest rear outlet toilet?

Experience with Duravit? I've just done EXTENSIVE research on rear exit toilets and the choices are horrible - American Standard Yorkville is the only Comfort Height and at least one of the models is being discontinued 10/09, per their catalogue. I can't get a clear answer from American...
  12. Ikat

Changing to a flush valve toilet

American Standard Flemington? Terry's report on "best low flush toilet" does not mention the American Standard Flemmington, which is only one of a few options for those of us with back outlet toilets. I've read that it is tricky to install, but nothing about its performance. The other...
  13. Ikat

Bright White Rear Exit "Comfort Height" Toilet

I will be replacing a rear exit toilet and would like a bright white comfort height - but no one seems to make one (I was interested in Gerber - until I read the thread on this Forum - thanks, all!). According to the plumbing supply shop, the American Standard tends to be off-white. The shop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks