Recent content by Iitalnsd

1. Iitalnsd

How to unstick the stop valves of a Moen shower?

Is there any merit behind the idea of using a freezing agent? I was thinking to try one of these pharmacy products to freeze foot warts, even though I don't think they can sell the liquid nitrogen treatment.
  2. Iitalnsd

Hi Terry, thanks for the great diagram with the part numbers! So, do you think there is no way to make the two stop-check valves operational without damaging them? I would just need to briefly close them for the time necessary to substitute the cartridge. I also bought the cartridge puller...
  3. Iitalnsd

Hi John, the heart of my dilemma is that for the water shut off I need a full week of advance notice and I have plans to leave for vacation before then. If I caused a leak, I could request an immediate emergency extraordinary shutoff but at that point I would need to replace way more than the...
  4. Iitalnsd

I am not trying to remove the stops, just to close them to cut the water flow while I substitute the cartridge. In the worst case, I will have to request cutting the water to the three apartment column, but I'd rather avoid that if I manage to get the stop valves operational.
  5. Iitalnsd

Hello, I need to substitute the cartridge of my old Moen pull-out shower handle that has become so hard to push back in that in the last attempt I broke the faceplate. The problem is that I live in a condo and I can't switch off the water to my apartment without affecting the whole column (which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks