Recent content by ih8caulk

1. ih8caulk

Black stuff came out of tub spout for first minute or so.........

No, definitely not hydronic heating but nice shot outta' left field for the boredom factor......;) My guess is it would be stuff(seals?) in the mixet valve for a couple reasons....... #1.) No other taps in the house are showing such behavior. #2.) This shower is the 2nd closest thing...
  2. ih8caulk

Black stuff came out of tub spout for first minute or so.........

OK so I found an old thread here forwarded from a Yahoo Answers question. So, after a customer master shower install, we haven't used shower #2 in a while. This last stretch was about a month. Turned on the hot water today & noticed occasional spurts of black stuff. My jaw dropped. Lasted...
  3. ih8caulk

Removing water saver / restrictor from Delta shower wand.....

What I find reeeally funny is that they put a restrictor in at all! I quite seriously mean it made ZERO difference. Even if (as a mass plastic molded part) those suckers only cost the mfgr a nickel, why even bother?? Save a nickel & omit 'em. There's a fat rubber washer with the screen...
  4. ih8caulk

Removing water saver / restrictor from Delta shower wand.....

This is the model......... http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/75700.html I actually like the thing. It's got the "finger clean" rubber nozzles. Good grip. Nice levered setting changing ring. Not bad. BUT....... The thing pretty weak in terms of water pressure. I removed the...
  5. ih8caulk

What kind of flange / john bolts do I have?? Is it ok to leave??

Welp, that did finally become the case. Cleared out either side of flange w/ a dremel saw. Removed some thinset & grout. Tapped delicately 'til they made their way out the sides. (I'd have sworn they'd never come out) Used #10 wax ring, reinstalled toilet, moderately tightened nuts...
  6. ih8caulk

Ya, I'll probably just use the Harvey #10 tall wax ring but may have to figure out *something* with the bolts...... Of the 2 bolts, 1 is 1-1/2" tall (plenty) and the other is 1-1/4" tall. The toilet base height is measuring roughly 1-1/8" tall so we'll see. I'll have to dig, but I think I...
  7. ih8caulk

And I can only ask that you believe me when I say I tried that. Before the tile was laid and there was easy access, I loosened those nuts and did everything but break the flange trying to get those bolts to come out of the side but no joy! Some heat maybe?? WD-40?? Hammer & dolly?? ;)
  8. ih8caulk

Wow, that Waxless Seal by Fernco looks like an awesome way to go!!! They sell those at the Depot or Lowes??? I think the bolts will be fine as-is, but if I had to take them out, how would I??? Those suckers just do not move!!! TIA again.
  9. ih8caulk

So I'm told this is the plumbing equivalent of John Bridge........ :D After a recent bathroom reno, I'm wanting to know if it's ok to slap the toilet back down on the flange w/ the old bolts still in tact. I tried to remove them, but I swear, they just don't appear to come out. No twist &...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks