Recent content by iblackihiawk

1. iblackihiawk

2510SXT Katalox Filter AIO - Air Intake Weak/Not Working

How would I go about going with an AIO3? Is this something I can do with my current valve head or not? If not I would likely switch to it in the future, I don't really want to have to do this yearly, but its not the end of the world. If you have recommendations on the setups I could go with...
  2. iblackihiawk

Yeah it's the diffuser I don't have the basket it's the one that sits inside. It was a slippery slimet mess. I know I for sure have bacteria from the test but you are probably right on the control valve. That iron was rock hard.
  3. iblackihiawk

So took it apart today. The basket/diffuser at the top was caked on near 100% with iron/iron bacteria I didn't get a picture I forgot before I cleaned it off with a toothbrush and some iron out...It was really really blocked, almost nothing could get through it. It is brand new now. The other...
  4. iblackihiawk

Oh I took that entire top part and screen and all the little pieces on there and washed them brand new. I blew threw them all and there was very little resistance and it seems to work fine The actual drain line if you mean from the tank works fine when I backwash with no problems. I guess it's...
  5. iblackihiawk

Yeah this was the first thing I did last night and cleaned it really well didn't seem to help at all and I didn't see any plugs in it. It got worse after cleaning the media with bleach and iron out almost like I clogged something even more. Any other ideas?
  6. iblackihiawk

Previous thread for reference: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/katalox-backwash-how-high-lift.99907/ Here is my water test I never posted. I had the water at my tap tested and everything was essentially perfect except that the milky water bothers some people from the air being...
  7. iblackihiawk

Katalox Backwash How High Lift

Oddly I'm still getting less than this, but I know I can't get more without losing media so its the best I can do.
  8. iblackihiawk

Just replying to let you get an update. Just wanted to update on what I have changed/what happened. My initial setup was inadequate and I think it caused substantial damage/fouling out of the original media. Coupled with the fact that an outdoor hose is/was connected to the iron filter in the...
  9. iblackihiawk

Newbie advice for Katalox Light system

Here was my saga also from Michigan and similarish flow from the private well flow rate. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/katalox-backwash-how-high-lift.99907/#post-718591 Keep in mind that the flow rate at the pump is not the same as the flow rate at the katalox filter which is...
  10. iblackihiawk

I attached the 12 GPM DLFC and here are my results which don't match the graph from the first post, but maybe will over time if this breaks up from the original issue I was having, time will tell. Top to bottom: 12 GPM (9in) - 41% Lift 10 GPM (6.5in) - 29% lift 8ish GPM - Plastic DLFC with...
  11. iblackihiawk

Air in water after new iron AIO system installed

I was going to ask in my thread but I also have this issue. Is there anything wrong with the air bubbles? Typically when I fill a glass (even out of my 5 stage RO system) there are bubbles (small) that dissipate within idk 10-15 seconds however the water is very "cloudy" before this. It...
  12. iblackihiawk

Final update, hopefully the iron will be fully filtered out by this but thought I would throw this out there (I may add .5 cu/ft of media later). I bought this like I said: https://www.softenerparts.com/fp60706.htm Installed it, getting between 8.5GPM - 10.5GPM depending on when pump is on/off...
  13. iblackihiawk

As an update, tried this like we talked about. It got slightly more flow but after looking at the GPM button and the actual DLFC max flow with no button in it, I believe that the plastic DLFC is limited to just over 8 GPM with no button maybe 8.5 so I got almost no change in flow rate when I put...
  14. iblackihiawk

So I'm still only getting like 20% lift maybe 25%-30% at peak with 8gpm. Hopefully the 9gpm pushes it to 30-50
  15. iblackihiawk

Idk how much media in inches 1cuft is. It has gravel I'd have to look how much but it has gravel and it's way more even after breaking it up almost uniform around. It's only a spin down in front of it now I completely removed the cartridge filters when I moved to 1" pex.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks