Recent content by Hwkmn05

1. Hwkmn05

Water heater expansion tank

I was looking at that and wondering the same thing. With spring water content of iron and sediment, guessing tank is 20 plus years old could be impacted.
  2. Hwkmn05

Check valve is at the pressure tank. There are no other valves between that and the WH. No expansion tank needed and the difference is minimal.
  3. Hwkmn05

Yes there has always been a larger expansion tank. WH was installed and that plumber installed a small one above it. New plumber said it was not needed at WH because I had one on water line already.
  4. Hwkmn05

I disagree. He actually is a great plumber and the second one to have that opinion. I'm guessing they both saw something I'm leaving out, possibly the placement of the house expansion tank. I have none of those issues some report here and basically the only issue is the time to get hot water...
  5. Hwkmn05

Shallow Well pump change

Yes, I would purchase and store pump (with supply issues these days), and in an emergency, call installer. Great idea on the immersion.
  6. Hwkmn05

Yes there is a check valve between house in line and WH. That makes more sense.
  7. Hwkmn05

WH is 10 years old. Plumber who installed asked if I was using a timer, which I was, so he installed the tank. From my limited research, the expansion tank extends the life of the WH and when the WH is in the off mode with timer, it keeps the pressure up.
  8. Hwkmn05

My plumber ran new lines in my basement for space issues in ceiling. Needing to move lines around the water heater, he removed my expansion tank on it claiming it was of no use. I disagree. Now it takes a minute longer to run hot to the upstairs. Could it be because the tank is on a timer? He...
  9. Hwkmn05

Shallow Well pump change

Im not concerned with power usage, it would be a minimal savings. We lose power more than 5 times per year and the generator has worked excellent for water and water heater. Franklin is in there presently, but Im not certain that is what we will use this time. Im actually leaning towards doing...
  10. Hwkmn05

Expansion tank directly above WH cold inlet?

My plumber ran new lines in my basement for space issues in ceiling. Needing to move lines around the water heater, he removed my expansion tank on it claiming it was of no use. I disagree. Now it takes a minute longer to run hot to the upstairs. Could it be because the tank is on a timer? He...
  11. Hwkmn05

Shallow Well pump change

There are differences between a 3 wire vs a 2 wire pump. If there is a 3 wire in that spring now which Im most certain there is with a control box inside, I wont be changing it to a 2 wire. The biggest difference is when the control box or capacitor fails on a 2 wire, the fix involves pulling...
  12. Hwkmn05

Shallow Well pump change

Just to be clear, I would be reducing the DP 40 breaker to a S20 amp while eliminating one wire and disconnecting the control box on pressure tank? Still would keep pressure switch?
  13. Hwkmn05

Shallow Well pump change

Gosh youre right, I dated myself! Agree on the 1/2 HP, 1/3 are not available I believe. The jet pump is out, makes little sense with priming and pressure issues. Water is 3 tiles down with half of top tile out of ground so roughly 7 feet, runs out at seam non stop. Why 2 wire on a 230 volt in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks