Recent content by Hugh Hempel

1. Hugh Hempel

Troubleshoot/Repair or Replace 10+ year old Hague?

Update: I got some HACH hardness test strips and it turns out my water is pushing 15+ grains at the moment (I suspect our muni water is using wells heavily at this time). This is almost 3 times higher than the assumptions we were using above. I have also decided to go with the Fleck 7000 (at...
  2. Hugh Hempel

My total flow rate MAX is more than 50gpm (2 dishwasher, 2 washing machines, 3 tubs, 8 sinks, 6 toilets, 5 showers...) I am going to "guesstimate" that my "practical SFR" is in the range of 12-15gpm...
  3. Hugh Hempel

The numbers provided are INSIDE use only. My irrigation use is 10x (big property). I tend to agree with the idea of looking at the 7000sxt. Since my CUFT requirements are in the 2.0 range, I am not sure that the twins are mandatory and believe that the flow requirements might trump the...
  4. Hugh Hempel

I will look for a PM. Thanks... I am quite surprised that there is not a "standard" 1" internal port offering in this industry without going to commercial... The bigger metering size is useful, but why on earth would the internal port not "be matched"...
  5. Hugh Hempel

Maybe a math or misunderstanding about hardness? Thanks for this awesome reply! I think that there is a math problem or misunderstanding... and I think it is obviously CRITICAL to my design. My water analysis above indicates a hardness of 68-94 mg/L(ppm). I was under the assumption that...
  6. Hugh Hempel

Consensus seems to be REPLACEMENT and I tend to concur. I got similar advice from a local dealer I found that has a pretty good reputation. My neighbors generally confirm great benefit from a traditional softener system. I am headed down the path of a Fleck 9100 system. Leaning towards a...
  7. Hugh Hempel

Clarification on "renting"...? Thanks a million for the thoughtful reply! I had arrived at largely the same conclusions. Are you suggesting "renting" a water softener system? or something else? I have not heard of the option to rent a system although I agree with the idea... My research...
  8. Hugh Hempel

Greetings, Newcomer to the forum. Impressed by the knowledge and candor expressed by the regulars! I have really bad "hard water" build up on the shower glass and water fixtures throughout my recently purchased home. I inherited a Hague 13baq. I am guessing it is 10+ years old. The unit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks