Recent content by Hueaster

1. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

What type of pipe/fittings would I use to duplicate the setup coming off the input side of the csv in this picture you shared? : Also, I have a deep well jet (jet is in the well unlike the pump in your picture). In reading my jet pump manual, it mentions a pressure control valve on the outlet...
  2. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Thanks Reach. I'm actually talking about just replacing up to the copper pipe that goes to the house with poly/SIDR; not the whole line to the house yet.
  3. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Apologies that this wasn't made clear. The green arrow line is feeding a single hydrant next to the well. The red arrow line feeds the house, the barn, and the chicken coop. The barn and the chicken coop hydrants suffer from the same flow issues as the house. Everything you said makes sense and...
  4. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Well casing is 4.5” OD.
  5. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

This is the oddest symptom of the whole system and it has thrown me for a loop since I discovered it. I can hear the pump running quite easily from the surface when it kicks on. It only runs when a fixture draws the tank down to cut-in pressure. All fixtures off = no running pump. I've never...
  6. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Cary, I've seen your CSV recommendations everywhere on these forums and read quite a bit on your website. I'm very intrigued. The pressure in the house is fairly bearable while the PSI is in that 40-50 range but becomes barely usable in the 30 range especially with more than one fixture running...
  7. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Sorry, I meant to say the green arrow points to another copper line which feeds a hydrant next to the well pit that produces around 15GPM. Not that the line itself is a hydrant. Copper is 7/8" OD No filters inside the house. The same line T's off in the yard somewhere before the house and feeds...
  8. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Hey guys. I'm wondering what could be done to improve the plumbing in my well pit. My issue I'm trying to resolve is I get about 2 GPM of flow to the house (red arrow in the picture is the 60-70' copper feed line to the house) and closer to 15GPM at the hydrant by the well pit (green arrow in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks