Recent content by HoracioO

1. HoracioO

Best cleaner

you might try Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl cleaner. I think Target carries the line. Try here
  2. HoracioO

What's this for?

Ahh Thanks Terry! It seems so much of an afterthought, oddly enough only one restroom had it in there despite this building having around 16+ restrooms.
  3. HoracioO

What's this for?

OK, inspecting a new building for ADA compliance and found this in on two of the washbasins. Now they cut into the protective wrap and it is forward facing hitting a chair user right below the knees... but it also just seems a weird thing... it's a tiny url link... http://tinyurl.com/2u8du69
  4. HoracioO

Looking for a highly recommended wall mounted toilet.

What Toto model is that? What's the model? The only ones I could find are commercial and they really look institutional and don't have that contemporary Duravit look. Cheers
  5. HoracioO

Different toilets from different countries

I must admit, I don't remember seeing plungers by toilets in Australia when I was growing up... but I also remember pulling the chain in some places, maybe putting the tank up 6 feet would fix those two piece thrones that have a MAP < 500
  6. HoracioO

120F not hot enough?

Overnight soaks used to be the way... but front loaders have made that just a little tougher when you leave the lid up ;-) One could always just use the pre wash cycle and let it sit, but I'd hazard a guess the smelly stuff might make that less than optimal in a front loader. That said, I...
  7. HoracioO

Watts Floodsafe? Not Very! part 1

What is it with this obsession? The company that is selling it to you is responsible for the design specs, QA and most of the profits, yet you get obsessed about where it is made. Wake up and start asking the company whose label is on it why the quality sucks! Be it Watts selling poorly...
  8. HoracioO

Stainless Steel Toilets

I'd be a little worried about the damage he's doing to himself, a stainless steel toilet will not solve the falling issues and that needs to be looked at seriously. It sounds like he may need some training in bathroom navigation, yep it is something you need to learn! I've never seen a stainless...
  9. HoracioO

Just to get you guys worked up, what do you think of this?

Next they'll add LED lights then claim it saves energy. Frankly I prefer my drains shaken not stirred Miss Moneypenny!
  10. HoracioO

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the Buy American Act

Buy American doesn't necessarily equate to quality just as buying Chinese manufactured products doesn't mean low quality. The issue is the manufacture's design and QA specs. Apple manufactures everything in China and their products are consistent and high quality. Dell produces in China as well...
  11. HoracioO

PEX: crimp or compression fittings?

SharkBites come in two forms, one type is the slip on fittings that are expensive, and the other are the "barb" fittings that are very similar to Que-Pex that clamp on. http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite_barb_fittings.php Home Depot seems to be transitioning to SharkBite, so you are getting...
  12. HoracioO

120F not hot enough?

Well it was not bait and switch, it was two distinct events, my inability to get rid of the known problem with mildew in my front loader and sometime later seeing an article that made me wonder about how my machine stopped being a problem. I had not assumed the bugs came from anywhere else but...
  13. HoracioO

120F not hot enough?

Not sure why you would call this a "bait & switch" thread? I'm interested in hearing opinions as I was some what surprised about the claim (having been running at 120°F for years) but in the case of our front-loader washing machine it seemed to do the trick. I'm not talking about washing...
  14. HoracioO

120F not hot enough?

For a long time I ran my hot water heater at around 120°F thinking I was saving energy. My front loading clothes washing machine would always have an odor no matter how much it was cleaned—dishwashing powder, bleach, then those "tablets"! So I increased the temperature in the hot water...
  15. HoracioO

Please keep the peace in the family

Well either way you look at it the toilet contributed to him popping his cork, though he may well have already had a screw loose.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks