Recent content by Hopscotch

1. Hopscotch

New electric water heater on concrete slab

SewerRatz, you've just shared some valuable information! The ELP pan stand is an immensely clever device and an inexpensive MUST for anyone whose clothes washer is adjacent to living areas. I figure there is a HUGE market for this. Unfortunately, the dimensions won't work for my tight-space...
  2. Hopscotch

It's true. Towns and cities in Pennsylvania administer their own plumbing test. It's an interesting system where plumbers then obtain a license for $50-$100 per year which permits them to perform services within that jurisdiction. In a single county, a plumber might have to take dozens of tests...
  3. Hopscotch

Macplumb, can you believe that I recommended something similar to the FloodStop system to one of the quoting plumbers and he said, "Forget it. I couldn't install it for less than $800!" Yes, eight hundred dollars for a 15-minute installation. Plumbers in my area are aspiring mega-millionaires...
  4. Hopscotch

Thank you for the excellent advice. I made the shocking discovery that there are no plumbing license requirements in Pennsylvania so literally anybody can call himself a plumber. It's very likely that many plumbing "experts" are plumbing wannabes or plumbing guessers. If I had a basement with no...
  5. Hopscotch

I cannot locate a plumber (metropolitan Philadelphia area) who will install a new electric water heater in my laundry room (on concrete slab with no basement) consistent with the advice that I've found here. After obtaining four proposals ranging in price from $860 to $1500 (Bradford White 50...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks