Recent content by HoneySuckle

1. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

Well unless I'm totally blind or stupid (maybe both), I have gone to the cart, I have gone to the Toto shopping cart link and all, and have only seen BIDETS or Washlets. Can someone be kind enough to give me an elongated TOTO soft close toilet seat price please? I am completely frustrated with...
  2. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

Am I looking in the wrong place on the web site for the toilet seats? I found Toto toilets and the washlets but no seats:o
  3. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

Will that fit the Drake?
  4. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

Thanks for the visual. I don't think it's the soft close they are complaining about but rather the way the Toto seat sort of curves inside. People are used to sitting on a level seat I guess, but I am sure you get used to it.
  5. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

Hi, I go for function before form many times. That being said, where did you get your soft close seat? I can't imagine it being so different that people don't like the feel. How much time really does one sit on a toilet seat? BTW, the men in my house don't sit to urinate. I sure wish they...
  6. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

I have read on other sites that the soft close Toto toilet seats are a pain in the butt:eek: Not sure why some don't like it but they said something about the curvature of the seat? Anywhooo..had my Toto installed minus a seat and was about to head out the door to Lowes or HD for what others...
  7. HoneySuckle

Miracle 511 sealer?

The tille guy used an enhancer instead of the sealer! It left my matte tiles looking like they were polished and the grout color hasn't really darkened that much:mad: What to do?
  8. HoneySuckle

Miracle 511 sealer?

The tille guy used an enhancer instead of the sealer! It left my matte tiles looking like they were polished and the grout color hasn't really darkened that much:mad: What to do?
  9. HoneySuckle

Miracle 511 sealer?

Has anyone used this sealer for grout? What sealer would you recommend?
  10. HoneySuckle

Hardi board over drywall?

I did hire the guy that I mentioned, and he redid the Hardi-board with proper screws that don't stick out like a sore thumb. Have to order my tiles. Can't figure out if 18x18 will be a problem. I'm going with through body porcelain in the bath surround. Is this okay? Or should I stick...
  11. HoneySuckle

Acid wash?

No cracks, which is amazing. We did scrape as much as we could off, though there are small areas that might need a little more scraping. That was HARD work:eek: This is what he plans to use: Ultraflex II gray, and sanded grout. Sounds okay? Water did not absorb. 20 x 20 porcelain.
  12. HoneySuckle

Need a low-seated, 10" rough-in toilet

The 10" rough-in answer was helpful to me!! Thanks. Hope you find your answer.
  13. HoneySuckle

Acid wash?

Why does the tile contractor recommend using an acid wash on my kitchen floor (concrete) before installing tiles? The floor has been exposed for several months since we removed the vinyl. Most other contractors said it needs some prep, but no one mentioned acid wash. Is this normal procedure?
  14. HoneySuckle

Will do Jim. Thanks.
  15. HoneySuckle

I'm back with my tail between my legs. Sure he came back to "fix" his mistake, BUT I had one more tile contractor come by and his verdict is that it looks better than what the pictures were like, but it still has too many flaws:mad: I have two choices. Call back the same incompetent guy and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks