Recent content by Honest Bill

1. Honest Bill

Composite granite kitchen sink ... good choice?

Gary, why is my plumber so ... unexcited about using this sink? He says that he has had a couple of bad experiences with similar sinks (cracking during installation or when punching or drilling the holes out) and doesn't want to eat another one, but you had two good experiences. Also, what...
  2. Honest Bill

What about the ... knockouts? Do they easily punch out or do you have to drill them out? The sink we are looking at has one hole and 3 knockouts ... we plan to use one of the knockouts for a filtered water faucet and perhaps the other two for a instant hot water faucet and a soap...
  3. Honest Bill

What if ... you drop something heavy in them after they are installed, like a big pot or something? Will they crack? Also, the color of the sink we want is "Volcano Black" ... anything special you have to do to keep the "scum" etc. from showing? The last thing we want is a high-maintenance...
  4. Honest Bill

We're remodeling our kitchen. Our counter tops are laminate, so we need a self rimming sink. We like a black composite granite sink by Pegasus we found at Home Depot ... it would look great in our application and be a nice change from the stainless steel sink we've had the past several years...
  5. Honest Bill

Leak in water line outside ... what is ...

Thanks for the quick reply, Grumpy. Pardon the ignorance, but exactly what do I check at the water heater to see how well the copper has held up? Also, one plumber mentioned that earth movement and tree roots are a couple of advantages to "tough pipe" ... it can bend a little, whereas the...
  6. Honest Bill

Leak in water line outside ... what is ...

the best way to fix it? We have a 60's ranch with about 25 feet of galvanized water pipe from the water meter at the street to the point where the water enters the house (pretty much a straight shot). Our soil is rocky (Boston Mountains in NW Arkansas) and there are two large trees near the...
  7. Honest Bill

Steel, styrene, fiberglass or acrylic ... which is best for replacement tub?

Vikrell? What about Vikrell by Sterling? Seems to be better than fiberglass or gelcoat, though maybe not up to acryclic standards (but it costs less than acrylic).
  8. Honest Bill

Steel, styrene, fiberglass or acrylic ... which is best for replacement tub?

We have both of our baths torn down to the studs and we're trying to decide what kind of tubs to put back. We want tub/shower combos in each bath. Most of what you find are porcelain on steel, styrene, fiberglass or acrylic tubs, in order of least expensive to most expensive? Besides cost, what...
  9. Honest Bill

chrome gooseneck to cpvc shower fitting - how do I ensure it doesn't leak behind the

I had a basement bath remodeled and the guy used all cpvc for the water lines (he's from California and is a real believer), including the fitting that the gooseneck screws in to. As this fitting is inside the wall, how do I connect the gooseneck where a plumbing leak won't be a potential...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks