Recent content by homemade plumber

1. homemade plumber

Drain and vent for laundry tub

I need some help with draining and venting a laundry tub in my basement. The 3"drain line runs horizontally right behind where the sink is to be installed. The stack is on the other side of the room so I am not sure how to pipe this properly. Can I use an AAV? I have some "homeowner"...
  2. homemade plumber

Noise coming from meter/PRV area

I don't actually have a hot water tank, I have tankless hot water through my heating system. Could this be the reason there is no expansion tank?
  3. homemade plumber

I don't see an expansion tank in the area, so I am pretty sure I don't have one. How important is that? If I am going to replace the PRV anyway, should I add one in? What is the proper pressure for the home anyway? I have done minor work on residential plumbing in the past but never had to...
  4. homemade plumber

I am hearing a noise coming from the area of my main water line near the meter and a PRV installed just after it. The noise is a humming vibration with a pulsing "thump" also. It only happens when the water is running (toilets or sinks) and stops when the water is shut off. I have minor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks