Recent content by HoltH

1. HoltH

Split level home: running new kitchen sewage line in existing downstairs bathroom plumbing

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The house is on a slab and the kitchen is on the second floor (split level). My first plan was to tie into the plumbing on the first floor right above the slab. My second (and apparently better) plan is to tie into the plumbing right below the second floor.
  2. HoltH

Split level home: running new kitchen sewage line in existing downstairs bathroom plumbing

Last question (hopefully): is it code to use a rubber coupling like a fernco wye to tie into the existing drain?
  3. HoltH

Thanks for the input. Just want to confirm I understand what you are saying. Is this what you meant?
  4. HoltH

Okay, so here is another option. Using this method, I would be tying in just below all of the upstairs sewage plumbing. I would still vent the sink with a AAV vent. The picture below show where I want to tie it in: Would this work? Everything in this image connects to a vent that goes out the...
  5. HoltH

So, if I tie in below the downstairs sink connection (like in the image below) I should be good?
  6. HoltH

Remodeling a kitchen that is on the upstairs floor in a split-level home. Moving the kitchen sink to a new location (want it under the window). The new location prevents me from running the drain into the upstairs bathroom plumbing, like the old sink did. Instead, it appears my only option is to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks