Recent content by HollyAR75

1. HollyAR75

Does the well flow rate (GPM) vary during the year?

I'm in north/northwest AR, east of Fayetteville in Newton County. Wells here can be sketchy and many are very deep. Mine is considered very shallow for the area. I know of people who have wells 900-1350' deep.
  2. HollyAR75

Since my pump is working off the float switch to the underground cistern, I don't really know when it's running so that would be hard to do. Judging by our water usage, probably only every other day or so.
  3. HollyAR75

Any idea how much more? How deep is your well?
  4. HollyAR75

I have a 210' deep low yielding well. Well company said it was 1/4 to 1/3 gpm. We use cisterns for storage and are very conservative with usage so we mostly do fine with it. However that flow rate was measured during early November of a very dry season. I've wondered if the flow rate increases...
  5. HollyAR75

Very slow drop in pressure at pressure tank

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. I did test the toilet tanks with blue dye and it didn't bleed into the bowl. I also think I made a mistake with the size of my pressure tank. It's a Fiberwound Signature 2000 series, model S35-10-01. What size is this? I'm thinking 35 gallon which is...
  6. HollyAR75

Talked on the phone with my well service man who will come out on Wednesday. He said I should be getting much more than 2 gallons per cycle. He also asked me to turn the valve off to the house, and watch the pressure. I did that and the pressure has held at 40 so looks like there is a leak on...
  7. HollyAR75

It’s a 20 gallon pressure tank, and according to online info I should get about 6 gallons. I would estimate I get 2 to 2 1/2. And to add, the gauge is fairly new.
  8. HollyAR75

I have a 210' low yield well that fills an underground cistern, which is then piped to my jet pump and pressure tank in my crawlspace. I began noticing that when no water was being used, the pump was cycling every 2-3 hours (I can hear it). First thing I noticed is that when the pump starts up...
  9. HollyAR75

Pressure tank cycling 30 minutes after any water is drawn...

Just to update, the "problem" of the mystery delayed pressure tank cycle was due to a buildup of mineral deposits around the diaphram and nipple. The system we have setup is 4.5 years old so it will probably be a maintenance issue every 4.5 years or so I'm guessing.
  10. HollyAR75

Thanks so much, that mineral build up idea makes sense since we do have a lot of lime in our water. I've put a call into my well guy to come take a look. I'll update once the mystery is solved.
  11. HollyAR75

Right, which I've checked everywhere and can find no leaks, but if it was a water leak, wouldn't the pressure tank cycle other times, however it's not. It will not cycle all day or night if I don't use water.
  12. HollyAR75

Thanks for the reply Valveman. So is it normal for the pressure tank to cycle 30 minutes after using water? For example, it cycled about 30 minutes after I used water for dishes last night at 7pm and then it didn't cycle again till I woke up this morning and used water. Is it ok as long as I'm...
  13. HollyAR75

Hello, first post here although I've read through quite a bit of the forum for the past year. We have a low yield well that is connected to a 550 gallon cistern for storage. Our pressure tank is under the house in a crawl space so I can hear it when it cycles. Last week, everyone else left for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks