Recent content by holiday

1. holiday

Losing Pressure

Thank you, will check.
  2. holiday

Losing Pressure

Hi Pumping from a well, house is 20 years old. So just wanted to be clear, I power up the pump and it reaches 50psi within 30 seconds and cuts off. I am assuming that all the pipes from the pump to each irrigation valve are full of water. I then disconnect the power. The pressure gauge on...
  3. holiday

Losing Pressure

Hi, Thank you for your help. There is no valve on the outlet side to close. But you think there is a leak in the suction side?? Outside there is no visible leak and the check valve is a new pvc valve, may be a faulty check valve?? I will check if I can hear water going back down. Thanks
  4. holiday

Losing Pressure

Checked valves but no leaks. Changed diaphragm on all valves, still loses pressure over time while pump is off. When it reaches zero on the gauge and you wait even upto 12 hours and power up the pump, it primes in 30 second. Leak must be on discharge side???
  5. holiday

Losing Pressure

Will have to check the valves. Thank You
  6. holiday

Losing Pressure

Hi, Pressure gauge is on the pump Yes Pressure tank 28psi Irrigation only Check valve before pump on inlet No master valve Thanks for any help
  7. holiday

Losing Pressure

Hi, I have a new 1hp shallow well jet pump, new pressure switch, new check valve. When the pump is primed it reaches 50psi and switches off. However, in each of the first two hours, it loses about 8 psi and then about 2psi per hour. Once the zones are run and finished it loses all 50psi within...
  8. holiday

Fault Light

Hi All I need some help with a fault light on Rain Bird ESP-12LX Plus. The light comes on when I have zone 1 on and nothing happens. So I assumed that the solenoid was bad and I replaced it. Still the same problem. There are two green wires going to zone 1, when I removed the one wire the...
  9. holiday

Pump Problems

Update Hi, the switch points are open when the motor switches off. Thermal overload? What can I do? Also when I did this, the first time I connected the breaker, zone 2 came on by itself for about thirty seconds or so spraying water and then it shut off, weird?
  10. holiday

Pump Problems

Hi, thanks will take a look after work and post a update.
  11. holiday

Pump Problems

Pump Problem Hi, found out the bladder tank was leaking after a week and so the pump would run longer causing the water to heat up. I returned that pump and replaced it with a Berkley (Sta-Rite) HNE jet pump 1HP with a 30/50 switch, a new tank (28psi) when empty. Now the pump runs zone 1 and 2...
  12. holiday

Pump Problems

Hi, thanks, yes it is less than a month old and I am thinking of taking it back and getting a cast iron one. The sta-rite one did do the same thing a month ago however the threads on the pump were worn and the fitting would not go in properly and so I replaced it. I have not had problems with...
  13. holiday

Pump Problems

The pump shuts off after priming, the problem occurs somewhere after zone 3 because I kept checking the pump on and off during zone 1,2 and 3. Everything looked good so I did not check 4,5and 6.
  14. holiday

Pump Problems

Thanks all for your help so far. If a valve is defective and does not open during a cycle, would not the pressure switch turn the motor off since there no flow out from the motor??
  15. holiday

Pump Problems

The pump is not running dry. Just confused as to why this would happen? The old pump was cast iron and this is thermoplastic and the instructions say to use plastic fittings.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks