Recent content by HiQ

1. HiQ

Filter on Septic Ejector Pump

I'm trying to sort out all new parts to redo our existing septic ejector system and I'm stuck on the filter. The feed to the pump is a 1-1/4" poly pipe from the grey water side of the holding tank. Currently it has a plastic filter on it that has a small air leak. The previous one (same model)...
  2. HiQ

Adding Redundant Septic Pump

It's an ejector system. The house all passively flows out into a two chambered septic tank. Solid stay on the one side and are pumped every two years. The black water flows over to the other side. That side has two floats. One that runs the pump an one that is a high alarm. From that side a...
  3. HiQ

Adding Redundant Septic Pump

So our main (only) septic pump must have gave up the ghost yesterday and I was woken up with a little backup in our basement. Nothing crazy thankfully as the water alarm beside the floor drain went off. For some reason our high alarm float didn't alert us (PumpSpy device, but it seems very...
  4. HiQ

Septic Ejector Outlet Help

Ahh.. That makes total sense. Thank you for explaining how that works. So when the pump kicks off the effluent still in the 3/4" PVC inner pipe drains back out at the bottom into the 4" PVC pipe. It should only fill that up like 6" high or something due to the size difference. It's low enough...
  5. HiQ

Ah I managed to figure out what we have. This is it: http://www.groupwd.com/s/How-An-Ejector-Works.pdf It does literally just dump out on to the ground. Crazy, huh?
  6. HiQ

That is a more traditional setup for sure. I believe this was installed around 1979. If you have the space for it, it’s very simple and saves needing a leech field. It is gross in the fact that effluent water is sprayed out on to the grass, but it’s pretty far from the house. Just trying to move...
  7. HiQ

Nobody with any old school septic ejector knowledge around? I guess I can just cut it down a bit and use a bushing and the existing 3/4 PVC pipe inside. Only thing I lose is the ability to remove the top if I glue it in unless I screw it into the sides of the pipe like the existing cap is...
  8. HiQ

So we are rural and have a septic ejector setup. Essentially a 1-1/4" poly pipe comes into our house from the filtered size of the septic tank and a monarch 1/3hp effluent pump pumps it out to a standoff in our yard. The standoff is what looks to be a 4" PVC pipe inside a 5" PVC pipe (casing...
  9. HiQ

New Bathroom Wiring Questions - Canada

Yeah that's what I was hoping the CEC allowed as well. Sadly, that is not the case. Thanks!
  10. HiQ

New Bathroom Wiring Questions - Canada

So I realize that code states a new bathroom in Canada must be 12g 20amp. I also used to know that all lighting circuits in Canada had to be 14g 15amp. Do we have the exception like in the NEC where if I run a new dedicated 12/2 20amp new bathroom circuit to a 20amp GFCI in the bathroom, I can...
  11. HiQ

New Bathroom Plumbing Rough In Help

The lav/WC 3" will be tucked up in the joist space. Once it gets past the tub it will 90* and follow a bulkhead under the joists. Not sure if I'm explaining this well. I'll grab some pics or draw something up in the future. Thanks.
  12. HiQ

Very true. I was thinking about splitting the vent in the attic and running the drain on the tub parallel to the 3" and then wye'ing in once I turn the lav/wc 3" 90* towards the tub. It needs to ultimately head that direction to find the main stack. You way would be easier, but then I'd have to...
  13. HiQ

Awesome. Thank you very much. He just messaged me that he found a 1 piece RHD drain tub/shower unit for $300. Cheap, but there goes the all on one wall dream scenario. Might get a little more tricky here shortly. I'll add another message if I get tripped up in the future. Thanks!
  14. HiQ

Just trying to wrap my head around this. So can I get away with: Only the lav and tub are 1-1/2" dry vented off a shared 2" through the roof vent. WC is wet vented off lav. Home Depot up here doesn't really carry a lot of the combi fittings so I'll probably just use 3x3x1-1/2 wyes with 1-1/2 45...
  15. HiQ

Hey everyone. I've done some personal DIY plumbing here and there, mainly finish stuff or modifying existing. My BIL wants to add a bathroom to the house he purchased and has enlisted me to help. He's handling all the framing and boarding/mud/tape/etc, but I am up for the wiring and plumbing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks