Recent content by Hilliker

1. Hilliker

Bladder tank empty, pressure increases

So, installing a cycle stop valve, to extend whatever pump life I have left , would be worthwhile?
  2. Hilliker

The tank was less than a year old but with a 5yr manufacturer warranty, so menards would replace it with a new one. I'm back in business with great water pressure, and little expense. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply and provide great information and assistance. In these crazy...
  3. Hilliker

I believe so, but I will test and confirm. If the tank is in fact good, what should I be looking at to account for the sudden change in pressure at the fixtures? There are no apparent leaks. With all faucets/fixtures off, the pressure at the tank is maintained at 60.
  4. Hilliker

Also I realize now that the title of my post is exactly the expected behavior for a bladder tank, so I can post my original issue to a new thread if that would be more appropriate. I want to keep the moderators happy :D
  5. Hilliker

Yes. That is exactly what it is doing. I think its referred to as short cycling. It only takes 33 seconds for the pump to pressurize from 40 to 60. I understand this is very bad for the pump. Background info: In May 2019 the existing 20gal tank failed because the inlet rusted over time. I...
  6. Hilliker

Got it. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I realize some of them are general and could be found by searching. The pressure rises quickly to 60psi. It is almost as if I do not have a tank and the pump just kicks on and runs when water is being used. This is why I...
  7. Hilliker

Thank you for that. When I disconnected the tank I set it to 38psi. I left that part out, sorry. I will check again at zero pressure. What could cause the tank to not fill? How much water should be expected in the tank when I disconnect it? Is this the drawdown amount? I am obviously a DIY and...
  8. Hilliker

I noticed a loss of pressure in my house when multiple fixtures/appliances were being used simultaneously. I checked to ensure pump was operating as expected, pressure is set 40/60. If the shower is running and a toilet is flushed the system pressure drops quickly until the pump kicks on at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks