Recent content by HighqualityPlumbing

1. HighqualityPlumbing

Temperature fluctuation of gas hot water heater / thermostat

Thanks for the replies so far. After doing additional experiments, I noticed that when having a shower with very low water flow rates, such that the heater can instantaneously catch up with the energy consumed, the temperature increases during the course of the shower. I conclude that the newly...
  2. HighqualityPlumbing

Temperature fluctuation of gas hot water heater / thermostat

I installed a new Bradford White gas tank water heater URG140T6N model year 2019. It has a honeywell V2 thermostat, see page 20 in https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/BradfordWhite-URG140T6N-394-InstallInstructions.pdf My house is old and the showers have no thermostatic...
  3. HighqualityPlumbing

Price Pfister vs. Moen bathroom faucets - gaskets, warranty

Yes it is available and will likely seal if applied correctly (although some say it has a limited life span, will harden, and/or will leak if anything moves), but I personally find it still a mess especially when re-doing or fixing the installation, and it is a nuisance and will lengthen...
  4. HighqualityPlumbing

Price Pfister vs. Moen bathroom faucets - gaskets, warranty

I notice that all major manufacturers except Moen supply gaskets with their bathroom faucets. Moen requires messy use of putty or silicone for faucet and handles, for all models that I looked at (Banbury, Align widespread models, ...) - no gaskets; metal on granite sink. Also, Moen is ca. 50 to...
  5. HighqualityPlumbing

Kitchen faucet side spray detachable?

To be future proof. But my original question was already answered by hj, thanks!
  6. HighqualityPlumbing

How to CORRECTLY install a shower head?

And you just made it longer! Thanks for everybody else's interest and helpful comments.
  7. HighqualityPlumbing

Do you have any evidence for this? Not that it relates a lot to the subject of this thread, but I believe the water in the shower arm is under a pressure almost equal to the house water pressure, as only 1/2" pipe (or larger) is between the house main water pipe and the shower arm, which would...
  8. HighqualityPlumbing

Kitchen faucet side spray detachable?

Can the hose or connection to the side spray of a modern kitchen faucet usually be capped under the sink (side spray optional, e.g. no hole in sink available, or side spray otherwise not wanted), or am I stuck with the side spray if I buy a faucet with side spray?
  9. HighqualityPlumbing

For those who are interested: No leaks after replacing the shower arm with a Glacier Bay :) Also, as expected after the above discussion, NO thread sealant needed between shower head and shower arm! P.S.: Replacing a shower arm is the easiest DIY job ever. The old arm needed 3 turns...
  10. HighqualityPlumbing

Thanks, no offense, but I still believe all shower heads are NPT, unless someone provides a trustworthy citation that says the opposite, or at least one shower head currently available in the U.S. that has non tapered threads. I cannot image tapered and non-tapered threads screwed together...
  11. HighqualityPlumbing

thanks but I have yet to see an NPS shower arm or head. The current shower arm came with the house, but I have a feeling it may be the one from "Glacier Bay" from the orange store. I see you are an engineer and probably you are correct from a theoretical point of view, but practically all arms...
  12. HighqualityPlumbing

You are speaking my mind. Thanks for confirming my understanding. Thanks. But are you sure that there are two types of shower arms and shower heads (NPS and NPT)? All shower arms at the orange big box store appear to have either NPT in their spec, or are silent, which I assume means NPT. All...
  13. HighqualityPlumbing

Thanks. I sent the unit back to the manufacturer and they returned it with a new washer inserted and advised against removing it or replacing it with a different washer, and reassured that shower head nut and washer are precisely manufactured to standard U.S. specs. However it appears that the...
  14. HighqualityPlumbing

Thanks. Threads with tape alone don't fully seal, as the situation with washer pushed into the shower arm already simulated a "threads only" attempt to seal as if no washer was there. Didn't fully stop the leak. I'm not a pro, but did a lot of plumbing (other than shower heads) and pretty sure I...
  15. HighqualityPlumbing

Thanks, and point well taken, but it does not explain the conundrum in my original question. If your statement "most shower arms and shower heads..." is correct, and given the statement by the manufacturer that the head and washer are manufactured to "U.S. specs" (which I then assume implies it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks