Recent content by HighlandsBoy

1. HighlandsBoy

[Hydronic Open Loop] No Hot Water Unless Circ Pump On

Interesting. So with the check valve there, cold water would be prevented from flowing back through the radiant loops? Is your thought that cold water is flowing through the loops and mixing with the hot water on the hot water side of the mixing valve when the pump isn't forcing hot water...
  2. HighlandsBoy

If I turn the pump and return from radiant valve off I do get hot water at the taps. This is what I've been doing, but I'm worried about water stagnating in the radiant loops with the valve shut Mixing valve is set at maximum temp
  3. HighlandsBoy

Ya I agree that if correctly done as you describe with cold feeding system there is no risk of stagnant water. Unfortunately this system doesn't seem to be designed that way. The one-way valve above the cold inlet seems to exist to keep the radiant return from feeding the cold inlet of the...
  4. HighlandsBoy

Nothing technically wrong with this type of system except it does open your domestic water supply up to the stagnating water in the radiant loops during the off season. The system is forced air in-wall radiant. I assume the mixing valve is there to allow you to crank the tank up to 130-140 for...
  5. HighlandsBoy

Hi all! Short-time reader, first-time poster. I just moved into (renting) a Seattle-area townhouse and have realized my heating system is, unfortunately, a hydronic open loop (in-wall forced air radiant) system using a standard hot water tank that is shared with the domestic water system. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks