Recent content by helix3

1. helix3

Heat Detector in attic

The insulation was updated a while back and there is a thick blanket of it sitting up there covering the ceilings and it is tight. I built a few raised platforms above the insulation and have some items stored up there (Christmas tree, decorations, luggage, etc..) There is no issue with the...
  2. helix3

Heat Detector in attic

The environmental conditions of the attic are too extreme to put a std. smoke detector so I'm adding the heat detector. I've updated the whole house with interconnected detectors and want the protection / detection up there as well. After a little research, my thoughts are being confirmed, 135...
  3. helix3

Heat Detector in attic

I’m putting in a 135 deg F heat detector in an attic. The house is in New England and the temps vary greatly. The attic is used for storage and the gable ends are vented. I need some detection device up there. There are no ridge or soffit vents and there is also no ventilation fan. This...
  4. helix3

How to turn on sprinkler pump? (novice=may be an easy answer!)

Also check the programming of the controller. With the controller that I have, you can set to turn on the 'pump start relay' per individual zone.
  5. helix3

Certain towns in Massachusetts can require a Licensed Electrician to do work?

I'm working on a sunroom at my mother-in-law's residence on Seekonk, MA and went to pull an electrical permit (with her, in her name as the homeowner) and was told that we needed a licensed electrician for the job. I've worked with friends on their homes as well as my own in various towns in...
  6. helix3

split personality?

Jemery123 lists his location as Andover, KS in his profile. Interestingly enough, the lawn-aerator-attachment.com website is registered in Andover, KS. Coincidence? You decide... ;)
  7. helix3

arc fault protectors

In Mass, I finished a sunroom addition last year. With that, I ran two new circuits; one for the outlets and the other for the ceiling fan / lights and recessed lighting. My local code required that I install the ACFI breakers. The light circuit has nuisance tripped on me 4 times in the last...
  8. helix3

Compressor CFM - HELP!

I've got what would be considered to be on the lighter-end of an idustrial compressor that can provide 11 CFM @ 90 psi all day long. When blowing out, I will connect to the irrigation system through a regulator set to about 40 psi, set a program to run each zone for 3-5 minutes and let it go...
  9. helix3

Suggestions for a powered hydronic valve

Thanks for the suggestions. A powered valve is really ideal for my situation. MacMaster has a nice selection to choose from. I'll probably go that route. Thanks!
  10. helix3

Suggestions for a powered hydronic valve

Have rental property and want to control the outside faucet from a hidden key switch so that I can stop over and easily water the flowers and such and not have to worry about the neighbors filling their pool with my hose. There are hundreds of hydronic valves out there that could work and I was...
  11. helix3

Mixing Valve for Garage

Just picked up one of these Moen units this week. Don't think I'll get to install it this weekend, but hope to by next. Will post an update then.
  12. helix3

Where to buy proper driven well point?

6 years ago I had a shallow well put in for irrigation. The person who did it was extremely knowledgable and did a great job. He actually drilled down to about 16' before hitting the bedrock and installed a point just above it. My static water level is at about 5-6' right now. I'm not really...
  13. helix3

Extension cord for treadmill, ok?

I worked in R&D in the cardiovascular division of a large fitness company for a number of years and I've witnessed a number of treadmills go up, plugged in or not. I've had a treadmill shipped back to us after a fire marshall investigation and had it start smoking again as it sat (fault in the...
  14. helix3

Lincoln Power Mig 140C Wiring

Being in the fitness industry for 5 years, there was always a competetor that would try to throw something out there. Our 120V treadmills were rated 19A, 3HP continuous duty. Competetors had 120V treadmills with 6HP - treadmill-duty motors. I'd always get the question at tradeshows. No...
  15. helix3

Lincoln Power Mig 140C Wiring

I replaced the ridiculously short 6' and power cord on my Lincoln 175 with 25' length of 8/3 SOOW. I also ran a dedicated 40A line to the garage using 8/2. I've been happily melting metal for 5 years with it. The duty cycle of the welder says a lot for what it actually draws from the wall.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks