Recent content by Heather Henry

1. Heather Henry

Installed new Fluidmaster fill valve and flapper but water still runs.

hey guys... It's me again. Thanks so much for all your previous help. So everything was good with my toilet for about a month and now the handle sticks. Meaning once you flush it, sometimes I have to physically pull the handle back up so it stops running. I am having to do it more often than...
  2. Heather Henry

Not much change from first hour to second hour.
  3. Heather Henry

It's been off for about an hour and 10 minutes and it's gone down quite a bit.
  4. Heather Henry

Hi guys. I had a friend replace the flush valve. So now I have a brand new fill valve and a brand-new flush valve but I am still getting gushes of water multiple times throughout the day.... Not nearly as much as before though. Is this normal? What how should I look at? It is not the refill tube.
  5. Heather Henry

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping I could fix it myself. Thanks for all of the information!
  6. Heather Henry

I think I may have found the problem. The part that the flapper goes onto appears to be broken... Uneven, which I'm assuming would cause a pretty big leak in the water. I've attached the picture. what is this / called and does the whole tank have to come off to replace it?
  7. Heather Henry

the refill tube is longer than the past one so I brought it up and put it on the old clip but still had the same issue with the water running
  8. Heather Henry

I did that yesterday. It went down at least an inch
  9. Heather Henry

Ok, I will try these things. The chain is not too tight. I even unhooked it and still have the same problem. I will also look up the flush valve kit you suggested. We definitely could use a new toilet, but we rent and I'm sure replacing the whole toilet is not top on his list.
  10. Heather Henry

The hose goes a lot farther down the overflow, the last one was held on by a clip. I have tried pulling it up and just placing it on that clip without the lid on but I still get the gushes of water. Yesterday when I turned the water off the tank definitely lost some water. You can see it...
  11. Heather Henry

My toilet was running occasionally so someone installed a new fluidmaster fill valve and flapper and now it runs almost constantly. Every five minutes there's a gush of water and it's constantly trickling into the bowl. with the research I've done it makes sense that it would be the flapper but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks