Recent content by HDtvkeith

1. HDtvkeith

Age old question of brass fittings into stainless

Yes they easy way to do it was build from inside outward. I connected the 2 filter heads ahead of time, then put the brackets on them to mark the Pleiades for the bracket screws. Then mounted them and works outward with rest of pex. Unfortunately I was off a tad as you and see the, slightly off...
  2. HDtvkeith

Age old question of brass fittings into stainless

I think I know the answer to this and I am sure I will probably get different answers as my friend Google gave me mixed results. I have water filters that have 1 inch stainless steel female connections. I used 1 inch male to 3/4 Propex brass fittings with teflon thread tape. Not sure why I...
  3. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

Thanks. Eager to get this done. Have another 2 Saturdays of work before I can cut over the water to the new pipes.
  4. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

Has zero issues piping yesterday with the tool, Uponor pipe and fittings. Was able to easily get pipe to the shoulder with plenty of time to spare. An example shown.
  5. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

So we are piping now (taking lunch break) and they all look perfect. The test fittings I used were Sharkbite pex-a, using the Uponor fittings today were no issues. I also re-greased the M12 as I was not happy with how the grease applied yesterday. I will post some pics later as we are doing the...
  6. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

Here are most of the tests I did and my concern on them not being flush with shoulder. I also have a new Milwaukee pipe cutter I am using and find you really need to be rock steady to get a perfectly flat cut, I find several time it has a very slight angle to it.
  7. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

If I did switch I would do cinch and use Boshart Stainless fittings. I have a few tight spots the crimp may be a hassle. I did follow the Uponor instructions, they say put the tool in without pushing, run it through 9mexpqndsilns and it the pipe is filling in by then,I found running another 3...
  8. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

Thanks I will take some pics in AM so post to make sure I am good. My wife think I am being to anal about making it perfect
  9. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

Been a while and wanted to follow up. I have everything and ready to get started. Decided to pick a few fitting and a stick of 3/4 to test and practice. I have all Uponor pipe, rings and fittings. I am using the M12 tool and was surprise how little time you have to get the fitting on. I read the...
  10. HDtvkeith

How long to get fitting in with PEX-A?

Was panning on that as well. I think the one section I will pre-make then cut out the copper to avoid it getting in the way. I was trying to do parallel runs everywhere possible to make the cutover easier.
  11. HDtvkeith

I thought this class windows had closed. The municipal water did several studies over 5 years ago as the increase of issues had everyone blaming water. The reports basically said, ntorhe water in general and likely poor materials or installs. I think BS and years ago the water was probably not...
  12. HDtvkeith

I am rerouting large portions, there is just no way to get to master shower without running down the small space between the 2 joists. Routing through attic is not practical as I would need to remove 21 inches of insulation.
  13. HDtvkeith

I am replacing all the copper with PEX. Have had 5 pinholes in 6-7 months. I put an arrow in the narrow cavity I need to run PEX in. That cavity is right over the wall where the pipes go to the master shower. I suspect that is why they did not sister the joists there as they would have lost...
  14. HDtvkeith

I like that idea, may look at that and make sure I am not compromising the joists. Other option I was thinking was using a section of brass nipple with an elbow and just putting PEX expansion fittings on end end, then I can thread the nipple into the elbow.
  15. HDtvkeith

So I have 2 tricky place I need to put a PEX-a elbow. I have limited space and will have to expand one pipe then slide it through 2 joists (about 4 inches apart to get it into the small space the elbow and pipe will be. Since I have not done PEX-a before how long from the time I pull off the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks