Recent content by Hdmstng

1. Hdmstng

I beam in the way of P Trap

Went ahead and followed the advice from Terry and others to have the toilet waste go straight down. While I did have some play with the main line laterally, I had to use a Fernco fitting to join the two wyes together. Added the two hangers as I needed to get the proper 1/8" per foot drop...
  2. Hdmstng

Ran into one additional issue, the distance from trap to vent is over 5' if I go straight out and turn 90 to the trap. Is it wrong to use a couple of 45s through a joist to run the 2 inch drain diagonally? Would need at most to go through two joists like that. Is it okay to do or any watch...
  3. Hdmstng

I'm considering making those changes, especially as I wasn't able to snake through the 180 degree bend from the toilet flange. Would it make sense to add the combo pictured below up to the 3x2 santee and vent for a clean out? A quick question though, if that main line is backed up, aren't...
  4. Hdmstng

Thanks for all the help. Got a little side tracked with spring break (have two young ones) but finally got back to the bathroom. Was able to get the laser level setup to check the height of the vent/trap weir and the trap will be too high due to the I-beam. Even cutting out the wood on top of...
  5. Hdmstng

What I'm hearing is I have another opportunity to use my new laser level! :) Will get the measurements and see how everything lines up!
  6. Hdmstng

First off, thanks to you and everyone else taking the time to reply! I'm still working my head through the "weir trap rule" but I believe it would be violated based on where the 2" drain ends. The tub that was originally there drained to the left and was a 1 1/2" line that drained into a...
  7. Hdmstng

Hi All, Converting our old tub/shower to a walk in shower and the plan was to move the new 2" drain to the center. Unfortunately there is a steel I beam in the way (red outline in the first picture). The second picture shows where the trap would go if it was dead center in the shower and the...
  8. Hdmstng

1/2" copper to 3/4" propex adapter

These will be going behind the walls for a shower and I wanted to not go smaller than 3/4 PEX as the 1/2 PEX would restrict flow with the slightly smaller ID. While I can sweat copper pipes, I'm moving the shower head and controls from the left side of the shower to the right in a 5' wide...
  9. Hdmstng

The copper adapter and the extra soldering was what I wanted to avoid. Didn't realize the mixed sizes we're that much more expensive. Will use them for the main runs and just normal solder the rest.
  10. Hdmstng

We are remodeling our bathroom and need to move the plumbing to the opposite wall. Currently have 1/2" copper lines and planned to use 3/4" ProPEX PEX A for the extension. We are going below the joists and back up, and it will be maybe 9 feet extra for each line to the new shower valve...
  11. Hdmstng

Bathroom Sink Drain Recommendation

Our current bathroom sink gets clogged all the time. Between makeup, hair and toothpaste I have to clear it out every couple of weeks with one of those snakes that grabs the hair. We are remodeling and have a new vanity and top and was looking for a recommendation for an easy to clear...
  12. Hdmstng

Name of this outdoor spigot

We do have a basement so running the lines won't be a problem. A couple of years back we expanded our patio so ther current spigot is close to the concrete and hoses go across the patio now. Plan would be to move the dryer vent and put the feed to the remote spigot for the garden and a new...
  13. Hdmstng

Name of this outdoor spigot

I am looking to add a remote spigot that is closer to my garden, which is about 100 feet away from the house. I wanted to replace the current spigot with something along the lines in the picture, that has a hose bib as well as an outlet that I can run the water line to the remote spigot near my...
  14. Hdmstng

Dual Outdoor Spigot

I'd like to add an outdoor spigot near my shed and garden that is about 100 feet from the house. In addition would like to add a spigot at the house where I plan to start the run to the shed. Have easy access to the water line from the basement and can tap right in. Basically will come out...
  15. Hdmstng

Replacement line from meter through foundation

We have a leak between the meter and our house and are set to have it repaired this Wed. In discussing the plans, they will do the trenchless and bore a hole a few inches below our current line through the concrete foundation wall. They will then pull copper K back through the hole and connect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks