Recent content by HDClown

1. HDClown

Brown water after initial fireup after yearly flush

Brown water at initial fireup after yearly flush of Noritz NR98 I have a Noritz NR98-OD that is 4 years old. It has been flushed yearly by the same company that installed it, with the most recent one being yesterday. They spend about 1 hour on-site so I assume they are doing the flush for...
  2. HDClown

Help on softener purchase

I am looking at a softener for my home and was hoping someone could help me with sizing and a selection. I'm also unsure where to purchase from. I'm looking to DIY the installation. I've done flow rates from various water outlets: Hose Faucet direct (no hose) - 8gpm Master Bath Shower -...
  3. HDClown

Protecting PEX from UV

Heard from the plumber this morning. Their response to the UV rating on the ViegaPEX Ultra as that "it's rated for 6 months with direct sunlight exposure, however, even though your pipes do not see direct sunlight exposure, we will insulate them for you". So it looks like I won't have to...
  4. HDClown

Protecting PEX from UV

I had an exterior mount tankless water heater installed and since my house was re-piped with PEX 6 years ago, they used PEX to plumb it on the outside of the house. The PEX uses is ViegaPEX Ultra, which the manufactuer says is UV protected for up to 6 months. The installer left the PEX...
  5. HDClown

Noritz NR98-OD just installed

I asked the installer about that, and he said this is "UV Rated PEX". The piping is ViegaPEX Ultra, and Viega indicates it's UV protected for up to 6 months, so obviously not long term. I'm going to call the service manager and see what he says. They may assume homeowners paint the pipes and...
  6. HDClown

Noritz NR98-OD just installed

My 16+ year old tank finally started to leak last week. Had a Noritz NR98-OD installed Fri/Sat. So far everything is working great. In reading through the manual, it indicates to "contact Noritz" to be able to allow the temp. set point to be set above 140F. I've also seen mention of other...
  7. HDClown

Clearances for outdoor mount unit

I need some clarification on clearance requirements for an outdoor mount unit (Noritz N-0751/NR98 specifically). I've had two different plumbing/gas companies tell me two different things about locations I could mount the unit. How many feet of clearance is required form the roof soffit...
  8. HDClown

Choosing model series from Rheem and Bradford White

Local code doesn't require a pedestal. My question was more in regards to if I could put items directly in front (only a couple inches clearance) of a water heater that is seated directly on the ground. If not, I'd probably opt for a short model and keep the pedestal, so I don't loose the...
  9. HDClown

I understand what FVIR, but that's about. Someone told me that modern units don't need to be on pedestals due to FVIR, and you don't have to be as careful about keep things in front of the unit. I assume you are saying Bradford White's FVIR tech is better than Rheem? WIth my current...
  10. HDClown

Thanks jadnashua... the heavy duty series do have higher BTU output and recovery rates to go with it. dimensions are pretty much the same, so it will be a matter of getting some pricing
  11. HDClown

I don't see a Guardian series on Rheem's residential listing. I see the following atompsheric vent series: (series - tank warranty yr/parts warranty yr) Imperial - 10/10 yr Professiional - 8/8 yr Professional Heavy Duty - 8/8 yr Fury - 6/6 yr Fury Heavy Duty - 6/6 yr Warior - 5/1 yr...
  12. HDClown

Greetings all. I am in the process of trying to finalize if I'm going to get a new tank, or go tankless, to replace an 18 year old Champion branded 40 gallon short-height (on an 18" pedestal) GAS hot water heater. So far, I'm leaning towards a new tank, and upgrading to a 50 gallon. I can fit a...
  13. HDClown

Need help making the right decision on tankless

I currently have gas with a 2lb meter. No upgrade is needed. If I replaced my tank, I'd likely upgrade to a 50 gallon unit. I read people saying all the time that tankless units are worthless for filling soaking tubs, and they quote the GPM rate of the fill valve relative to the heated flow...
  14. HDClown

Need help making the right decision on tankless

I live in Orlando Florida area, so it's warm-to-HOT 9-10 months out of the year. Our cold months are usually in the 40's, but we've seen high 20s and low 30s the past few weeks (which is unusual to see for that length of time). We might see 1 week total of those temps on average. My house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks