Recent content by Hcw3

1. Hcw3

Chlorine contact tank contact time, for iron bacteria?

Thanks @Reach4 ... I haven't sanitized the casing in years. I appreciate your reminder. Will check your write up, thanks in advance for that. I don't think I've ever flushed my pressure tank, except years ago with an old galvanized one that was getting plugged at the outlet, if I recall. It was...
  2. Hcw3

@Bannerman, thanks! I should have realized the obvious, The reason there's a tank rather than just a pipe, is to extend the exposure time... I found a site that describes contact tank 'science' and actually gives me a formula to use to calculate - I haven't looked it over thoroughly but I'm...
  3. Hcw3

Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if the sulphur smell at the end of my "test fill" was possibly only due to the carbon-filter needing a backwash, after so many gallons being run through it at once. Is the time in the contact-tank important for the function, or is simply mixing the...
  4. Hcw3

Thanks @Reach4. The chlorine injector is between the pressure tank and the contact tank. The injector pump runs whenever the well pump is running.
  5. Hcw3

I'm a hot-tub/spa newbie, zero experience, preparing to fill my new-to-me (old) spa for the first time. From my measurements, I'm guessing the tub's got about a 250 gal capacity. We have well water, with a chlorine injector system along with a 120gal contact tank, which deals with the iron...
  6. Hcw3

Asian? European? hose fitting

I've searched and searched, with absolutely no joy... A friend picked up this hose bibb fixture in Nepal, and wants to know if I can find an adapter so it will fit our US hoses. The hose threads seem to measure @20 mm (or half inch hose?), but I could find nothing that comes in that size...
  7. Hcw3

Clorox holding tank turned milky - bad Clorox?

I guess I thought that there would be less precipitate happening in the tank, tubes, and pump if I use distilled. When I made the mistake of using non-softened water in the Clorox solution, I had major stuff settling out and forming a crust in the tank and tubes. Now, with softened water...
  8. Hcw3

Well, I was hoping someone would say "It's normal", for such and such a situation... B-) I dumped that tankful, and went with a new bottle of Clorox. It's still a bit milky though. Maybe not quite as much as the first tank, but still a bit foggy. That says to me that it wasn't a bad batch of...
  9. Hcw3

No, the tank was cleaned recently. (I've seen the precipitate problem in there before. The injector pump manufacturer highly recommends not using hard water. It'll make a mess of your pump and tubes) I'm going to drain the chlorine tank and start with a fresh bottle from a different store, just...
  10. Hcw3

This might sound a little odd, but if someone could advise, I'd appreciate it. We have a chlorine injection system with a holding tank for the Clorox solution. Normally when I mix the Clorox solution up in the tank (using softened tap water), the Clorox solution ends up just a little yellow...
  11. Hcw3

Zoeller ejector pump system noisy?

Thanks very much! That's just what I needed to know. I sure appreciate your help.
  12. Hcw3

Or, anyone have suggestions as to somewhere else I could post the question? Thanks.
  13. Hcw3

I have a basement space where we are considering creating a small commercial spa, 2-4 tubs, with a shower and sink/toilet. Our sewer line to the street is approx 2 feet above the floor. We'll be replacing the concrete floor, after digging 12" down, leaving the floor approx 4-6" lower. We...
  14. Hcw3

Hydronic radiant floor system: Change copper verticals to PEX?

Thanks NY_Rob, I will.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks