Recent content by hawkmanz

1. H

Best Electric Water Heater???

With heating oil going higher, I'm looking to put in a hi efic electric water heater and shut the boiler down during the summer. Any suggestions on the highest EF units available, Im really looking for something ultra efficient? Thanks, scott
  2. H

Wells and Irrigation, rather long post

Hi everyone, thanks for all the input. After reading all the latest comments, I am feeling the smoke and mirrors coming back in my mind. Seems like switches everywhere. I think the way to approach this is to set up a basic, manual system with pump protection and see how it goes. Then as things...
  3. H

ok, Im beginning to get the picture here with the float switches and using a smaller pump in the well. When the tank goes down, it turns the well pump on and refills it until the tank float goes up and disconnects the well pump. Both pumps have switches to stop the pump incase either water...
  4. H

My idea with the 30 gpm is to pump the well down for 50 min., turn it off, walk away and do it again if needed. I dont really need to increase the capacity of the well with or without automatics unless you thing it's a good idea to increase it. I know you guys know your stuff but I am just...
  5. H

Bob, Thats not too many questions, is it? How much for the total and a bigger pump and trash in the cisterin? Im askin for a totaL price because, outside of the pump and a tank, I have no idea what else I should buy or need. A pumptech (or 2) and a cycle stop valve, is that it? A 1000...
  6. H

Bob, What would the whole deal run me to ship to 20735 zip? 1hp, 30 gpm sub pump, 1/2 sub pump, tank and any necessary controls, pump safety devices. I'm not talking about pipe, fittings and the small stuff. I see that a 30 gpm pump and a 80 foot verticle height gets it down to about 20...
  7. H

Bob, Also, which pump that you have is a 30gpm 2 wire? And what is the voltage required? I assume 10 ga. is good enough for a run say 50 feet to the well and then 60 feet down? How far off the bottom should the bump be? Scott
  8. H

Bob, Also, which pump that you have is a 30gpm 2 wire? And what is the voltage required? I assume 10 ga. is good enough for a run say 50 feet to the well and then 60 feet down? Scott
  9. H

Thanks Bob, The one well is 72 feet deep and has at least 53 feet of water in it most of the time. That level was checked during a hi summer dorught, so It may be more at wet times. By my calculations, that comes up to about 1000 gallons that will recharge is 24 hours during a drought. (I...
  10. H

I posted a while back about pumping a well and using a cistern as a reserve tank. I'm starting to look at the needed gear and was looking at pumps and tanks. Im thinking about either the bettaflo or the hydra flow in the 1 hp class. The BF-3007-122 1 HP 30 GALLONS PER MINUTE 230 VOLT is $456.00...
  11. H

Shallow well and garden watering

Bob, Thanks for the tips. I dont really care how fast the well goes down, the sooner the better I guess. At 15 gpm, it would take just over an hour. Guess I could go a little bigger. Which would be the more economical way though? A sub, or a jet? Those subs get expensive and there is already...
  12. H

Shallow well and garden watering

I have 2 wells and a 3000 gallon cisterin. The 20 inch well has about 1000 gallons in it at all times. The 39 inch well has about 300 gallons at all times. I would like to pump the 20 incher and fill the cisterin for a holding tank to water a small vegatable garden during the summer. The 20 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks