Recent content by handyman923

1. handyman923

DWV Review

Thanks so much for the input... I will revise the showers so that they have a separate vent. Just out of curiosity, could I call the two showers a "2-inch main stack" with 4 dfu's as I have shown?
  2. handyman923

DWV Review

We are in the process of remodeling our house and adding a bath for a total of 3. I have laid out the DWV system and was hoping I could get some folks to take a look to see if everything will pass the IPC? The sketch I have shown is a combination of some new and some existing. Thanks so much!
  3. handyman923

Combining vents in attic

Do horizontal vent lines need 1/4" per foot of slope as well?
  4. handyman923

Combining vents in attic

I am combining some vents in our attic. I have a 1-1/2" line teeing (horizontal) into a 2" line. Can I use a sanitary tee (horizontal) or should I use a combo wye for this vent? Thanks!
  5. handyman923

Minimum Trap Arm Length

Is there a minimum trap arm length for a washer stand pipe? Right now, I have the outlet from the P-trap butting tight to the sanitary tee. Is this too close? Will this create a S trap? Thanks for any advice!
  6. handyman923

Primer Line for Laundry Floor Drain

I am installing a floor drain in an upstairs laundry room and need to install a primer valve. The drain I am using has a trap primer port inlet on the side of the drain near the top. I am installing the primer valve under a nearby sink. In order to run a 1/2" line to the drain, I will need to...
  7. handyman923

Mixing Valve for Tempering water

I found the installation instructions for the mixing valve I was planning on using: http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/related_links/water/amx_300/install/62_3112.pdf This valve connects directly to the water heater and has a special circulating return inlet on the valve (see page 3)...
  8. handyman923

Is there any way to get a circulator system to work with a tempering valve (and not get super hot water in the lines)?
  9. handyman923

So it sounds like I could use the Grundfos Comfort System with the mixing valve and not have to add a dedicated return line. Is this correct? Thanks!
  10. handyman923

Next question... Can a recirculating pump be added to this system? This valve has a cold water return inlet and the product manual siad this can be done if you add an aquistat and a temperature controlled pump on the return line. But then I read online that this will not work because the mixing...
  11. handyman923

I am looking to install a mixing valve on our current water heater so I can increse the temperature to 140 to 150 and not be scalded. I was looking at the Honeywell AMX300 mixing valve that attaches directly to the top of the water heater. The specs list the minimum flow rate as 0.25 gpm. My...
  12. handyman923

AO Smith Vertex, Bradford White High Performance, Or Eternal Tankless

The other issue I see with the drain waste recovery exchanger is that the vertical 2" line is at the other end of the house. Would I need to run a 3/4" line from the house input to the heat exchanger and then back to the water heater? I like the concept, but I am not sure this will too easy to...
  13. handyman923

I like the idea of a drain waste recovery system, but I read that it needs to be installed on a vertical drain pipe, is this correct? We just have a crawl space, so everything under is horizontal. I do have 2" shower waste lines coming down from the 2nd floor, but they are in 2x4 walls, so I...
  14. handyman923

I am looking to replace a 10 year old Bradford White conventional 50 gallon water heater. We are a family of 4 with two small kids so we take a lot of baths. Also, we have a dual showerhead shower in our master that uses 4 gpm when we have both heads on. Needless to say, we often run out of hot...
  15. handyman923

Bathroom DWV Layout

What defines vertical? Is it 45 degrees to the horizontal or more? If so, maybe I can slope that flat section up until I get into the wall.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks