Recent content by HalM

1. HalM

Hot water in toilet

Yes, there is a mixing valve in each of these units.
  2. HalM

Hot water in toilet

Hi, I help out with maintenance in a seniors retirement building (13 year old building). Over the past couple of months one unit on the 5th floor reports having hot water in the toilet from about 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. She notices it during the night when she gets up to go to the bathroom and then it...
  3. HalM

Toilet tank bolts leaking??

Good morning. What is the best way to fix and prevent toilet tank bolts from leaking? I have recently heard it recommended to insert the bolt with a rubber washer, then install a metal washer and nut right under the tank, then mount the tank to the bowl. This seems reasonable and good but, some...
  4. HalM

Difficultly threading ABS p-trap

Is it possible that some ABS manufacture's threaded fittings have a slightly different size of thread? I was repairing a 1 1/2" ABS P-trap with cleanout today. I unscrewed the trap from the portion that goes into the wall and was just going to install a new trap and the fittings that attach to...
  5. HalM

Suggestions to tighten kitchen faucet

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I have a basin wrench but it is too small for this larger nut and still not much room to access it.
  6. HalM

Suggestions to tighten kitchen faucet

Hi, I have to help someone tighten their kitchen faucet. It is a single handle with a pull out hose. The faucet keeps coming loose from the base. The problem is difficulty in tightening the mounting nut underneath the sink. It is a single large nut but there is little to no room to get a tool...
  7. HalM

Installing Moen A725 series Drop Ell

Thank you for this info.
  8. HalM

Thank you for this info.
  9. HalM

Thank you for this info. Normally, how far would you assume the nipple be tightened in to get a firm seal? At least half an inch?
  10. HalM

If the proper size nipple is installed after the the wall is finished, what's the best way to tighten it without damaging the threads?
  11. HalM

Soon I will be installing a Moen A725 series Drop Ell to go along with a moen handshower slidebar assembly. My model has the threads inside the drop ell. Is there a preferred length of pipe to use for this item? I'm finding it a bit tricky to know how deep to mount the drop ear inside my wall...
  12. HalM

Installing Moen transfer valve Model 3372

Hi, Soon I will be installing a Moen 3-function transfer valve Model 3372 with 1/2 inch PEX connections. I noticed that this particular valve does not have separate mounting holes to attach it to the wall. What would be the best way to attach it firmly to wood blocking behind it? Possibly...
  13. HalM

Changing copper to PEX

Thank you for the info.
  14. HalM

Changing copper to PEX

Thank you for the info.
  15. HalM

Changing copper to PEX

Hi, Shortly I will be doing a tub/shower replacement in our upstairs bathroom. I have to re-plumb the tub and shower and will be adding a new mixing valve and diverter for a hose/wand sprayer as well. I would like to change the existing bit of plumbing from 1/2 inch copper to PEX. But, I notice...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks