Recent content by Gutie050

1. Gutie050

Roughing in Bathroom in Basement Early 1900s vintage house

The city didnt require any sort of a sketch in the plumbing permit application. All they required for my building application was the layout of where the toilet, shower and vanity would be, but didn't require anything about the drain lines which I dont really get why not... The shower vent is...
  2. Gutie050

Ok so I'm just ignoring the kitchen and vanity line to focus on figuring out the shower/toilet/ laundry drain lines. In the diagram, the yellow lines are vents, vented straight up. Assuming that the two vents were to connect and go through the roof would these be working locations for them or no?
  3. Gutie050

Jadnashua - Thanks. Wasn't sure on the wet venting between floors. Appreciate it. The reason all I've done is digging/ breaking concrete is I know I'm not ready to start cutting the pipes and reworking them. So on the diagram I previously posted. 1) All traps need vented 2) I read somewhere...
  4. Gutie050

HJ. I'm looking to learn before cutting any pipes.
  5. Gutie050

I'm scratching the layout above. I'llpost a revised version when I have it.
  6. Gutie050

So its not considered a wet vent at this point?
  7. Gutie050

Good chance I'm interpreting wrong on the not needing vents but here what I was referencing. My interpretation of this was that they would all be direct vented by the main stack as they are closer than the max distance for each size vent. 2" for the shower and vanity, 3" for the toilet so...
  8. Gutie050

hm thought you would be able to click on it for a larger version. I'll have to rework that
  9. Gutie050

Diagram got.it to work on my phone
  10. Gutie050

Hi everyone my name is Eric. First time posting here although I have been on the site many times reading. I live in Minnesota. Anyways, I'm currently working on roughing in for a 3 piece bath in the basement. The house was built in 1916 I believe. It has extra heavy cast iron drain pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks