Recent content by Gustave

1. Gustave

Have Well Water Test Report - What Equipment Do I Need?

Thank you Reach4. That is great information. I had not heard of Fleck, but see that they sell complete systems from their website. I assume they are a reputable brand? Regarding pre-filtration. I am still in the dark as to what micron level to filter down to, as a start at least. I'd prefer...
  2. Gustave

Thank you folks for you responses. I thought that uploading the entire test report might be too big a file. Which it is, I tried to upload it but failed. So here are a few more snapshots. The well is 500 ft deep and the pump is set at 420 ft. The flow test showed a reliable 10 GPM, which is...
  3. Gustave

Hello Folks, I am about to hook up the output of my well to our in-home water supply. New Construction on the Central CA Coast (Paso Robles). I have never lived on well water. I expect to need filters and a softening system at least. Plan on a booster pump and pressure accumulator also. I...
  4. Gustave

Uponor PEX with non-ProPEX fittings

Thanks guys. It's adapter fittings to go from one size pex to another size. The ones I seem to need are only offered by Uponor in brass, which is pretty expensive compared to the plastic ones. Gustave
  5. Gustave

Uponor PEX with non-ProPEX fittings

Merry Christmas. This is an old thread, but pertains to my question. I am about to plumb house with Uponor Propex. I am trying to use Uponor fittings also. But sometimes they do not have exactly what I need. Can I use a crimp fitting instead, but with the traditional expansion installation and...
  6. Gustave

Well/Pump/Cistern Electro-Hydraulic System Input

You are correct about the float valve concept. I was wrong when I said it would not work, it would. The steering is automatic, since the tank that is not calling for water will not allow any in, because its float valve is closed. Solenoids I'm not sure about. Solenoid valves had been my...
  7. Gustave

It dawned on my this morning that the "toilet float valve" concept would not work in my application. Because of the share well, I have to have communication between each tank and the well to direct the flow the appropriate tank (via ball valves in my case). Oh well.
  8. Gustave

The upper tank belongs to my neighbor. And his house is very near the tank, at roughly similar elevation, so I don't think he plans to move it. Cal Fire requires a 4" line from the water tank to a type of hydrant (2-1/2" brass National Standard male thread) which must be located next to the...
  9. Gustave

Thanks. Everyone 'round these parts uses 2" Schedule 40 PVC for all lines from well to tank and tank to house. Seems to work ok, I've not heard of issues. There is suddenly some type of PVC shortage around here. But I managed to secure what I need. Gustave
  10. Gustave

Yes that is to the bottom of the tank. The tank is 16 ft tall I think. We've run some garden hose down from the tank to the house pad and the pressure is pretty decent. Sprays out of the house real nice and will power an oscillating sprinkler just fine. I calculate 35-40 psi or so. We put the...
  11. Gustave

The flow from the tanks to the respective homes is via separate lines, and is downhill, but in different directions than the fill lines. My neighbor's house is about 10 ft lower than his tank. Ours is about 80 ft lower. Yes, the terrain is hilly.
  12. Gustave

The well was drilled and the pump installed in 2015, as part of the sub-division of our properties. It's 2 HP and produces 10 GPM at the well head. But I do not know much more about it.
  13. Gustave

Yes. I hope that the CSV can be adjusted to work at these higher pressures. I am not yet that familiar with how it works. I now see that using the pressure switch to control the pump is the best method. However, I still would need to run wiring from the float switch in the tank down to the...
  14. Gustave

550 feet actually. Would the pressure relief valve be used as a blow-off in case the pump dead heads against two closed ball valves? To help save the pump?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks